PDA

View Full Version : What should I do with my life ???

Chelsea SPA
25-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Feeling down and out at the moment, need some listening ears.

I am the only child, and my mother raised me up single-handedly after my parents divorced. She manage to provide me with everything, even manage to buy a house.

I signed on in the army when i was 18. Those were great then, we managed to upgrade to a bigger flat. Who can boast that he owns a house at the age of 20 ? And also apply for the ITE scholarship, where i get a whoopy allowance of $750 every month ! I was one of the richest kid in ITE then.

But as the Army provides you with everything, earn more also will spent more. Even if you fall sick, also don't have to worry b'cos everything is free. If not enough $, can go cookhouse eat free food. Soon the vice kicks in, gambling at World cup 1994 to internet gambling. Become addicted that even have to resort to applying credit line, getting hire purchase from Courts (Where you buy the laptop at installment plan then sell off immediate to get cash), as long as there is immediate cash, applying anything also can. But I stopped short from borrowing Ah Long. I told myself no matter how desperate, I will not do that. What if they come up to my house and my mum found out ? Can't afford to upset her.

At the eighth years, I was given a chance to do something. Something illegal. So I done my calculations and decide to break bond with the SAF. I had to give up the $30,000 gratutiy. Life was good then, free & easy, money was even better than the Army.

But in 2007, I was caught. As investigtions are going on, I tried searching for a regular job. With an ITE cert and no experience, It was hard to find a job then. And somemore my CPF was running out, now i have to pay cash to HDB. I have chalked up massive credit card bills and debts.

After my case is over, I found a job as property agent. Last year, it was good income. Still can visit KTV and can pay up whenever i lost. But earlier from this month, the market gone down. Lost a lot on betting also. This time, with no fix income, I finally left with no choice but to turn to Ah Long. Been paying it regluarly the weekly installment.

But yesterday, I sprained my feet, can't even walk. I am very worried about this week's payment. Have tried getting loans from friends but I guess no one is willing to take the risk to give loans in this time. Even have resort to asking help from those KTV girls whom I had showered on when I have the cash. But most of the excuses are, they just sent back the money !

At age 30, I have no savings, in massive debts, and no wife and no income. My mother is still working to hang on. What should I do ? Can't find a job.

I thought of some solutions :

Re-fianace my housing loan with bank ? But i doubt the bank will do it as i have no income.

Find a job ? With criminal record, who will want to hire me ?

Robbery ? Yes, this even cross my mind.

Declare bankrupt ? But I t wont solve the Ah Long problem and personal loans.

Bros, as I am lying on my bed with a swollen leg, I really dont know what to do. Can someone advise me on which path I should take ? I simply cannot make anymore mistakes.

dexblu
25-02-2009, 03:37 PM
sorry to learn of your plight bro... at least you are alive... and it's never too late to do something to gain back the control of your situation... KTV gals are like bees who are only attracted to you when you have the $(honey)...

Re-fianace my housing loan with bank ? But i doubt the bank will do it as i have no income. Have u given thought to DOWNgrading your house ???... who knows, you may even get to have some spare cash from the transaction.

Find a job ? With criminal record, who will want to hire me ? There are potential employers out there who does not discriminate against ex-offenders...

Robbery ? Yes, this even cross my mind. DO NOT walk down this path or any other of such paths which may put you on the wrong side of the law...

Declare bankrupt ? But I t wont solve the Ah Long problem and personal loans. can consider this option as it's the most viable... at least u get the legal "ah-longs" off your back first... then you can re-group and re-plan your comeback...

CHEER UP and ALL THE BEST !!! I leave u with this quote:

"You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair!"

BKnight
25-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Dont worry bro? Angel Kiko will get in contact with you very soon.he is now busy helping others...BTW, Do you like McDonald and free on weekend?

Chelsea SPA
25-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Dont worry bro? Angel Kiko will get in contact with you very soon.he is now busy helping others...BTW, Do you like McDonald and free on weekend?

What do you mean ? :confused:

Wet_Towel
25-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Re-fianace? Your house condo? Dun think HDB can do so. Condo maybe. no income? Hard bro

Find a job ? With criminal record, who will want to hire me ? There's always jobs in the market. Just take 2 or 3 jobs. Bite a bit.

Robbery ? Yes, this even cross my mind. Once you done it, that's point of no return. Worse kena kill by police how. They dun mind shooting u.

Declare bankrupt ? But I t wont solve the Ah Long problem and personal loans. At least banks dun bother you, one less channel calling u everyday

There's a light at every end ot the tunnel

DO_YOU_BJ
25-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Listen very carefully to what I'm gonna tell you.
It will make or break your status.
Feeling down and out at the moment, need some listening ears.

I am the only child, and my mother raised me up single-handedly after my parents divorced. She manage to provide me with everything, even manage to buy a house.

I signed on in the army when i was 18. Those were great then, we managed to upgrade to a bigger flat. Who can boast that he owns a house at the age of 20 ? And also apply for the ITE scholarship, where i get a whoopy allowance of $750 every month ! I was one of the richest kid in ITE then.

But as the Army provides you with everything, earn more also will spent more. Even if you fall sick, also don't have to worry b'cos everything is free. If not enough $, can go cookhouse eat free food. Soon the vice kicks in, gambling at World cup 1994 to internet gambling. Become addicted that even have to resort to applying credit line, getting hire purchase from Courts (Where you buy the laptop at installment plan then sell off immediate to get cash), as long as there is immediate cash, applying anything also can. But I stopped short from borrowing Ah Long. I told myself no matter how desperate, I will not do that. What if they come up to my house and my mum found out ? Can't afford to upset her.

At the eighth years, I was given a chance to do something. Something illegal. So I done my calculations and decide to break bond with the SAF. I had to give up the $30,000 gratutiy. Life was good then, free & easy, money was even better than the Army.

But in 2007, I was caught. As investigtions are going on, I tried searching for a regular job. With an ITE cert and no experience, It was hard to find a job then. And somemore my CPF was running out, now i have to pay cash to HDB. I have chalked up massive credit card bills and debts.

After my case is over, I found a job as property agent. Last year, it was good income. Still can visit KTV and can pay up whenever i lost. But earlier from this month, the market gone down. Lost a lot on betting also. This time, with no fix income, I finally left with no choice but to turn to Ah Long. Been paying it regluarly the weekly installment.
That's what mothers are for and before i start telling you more, your mom's great.
But yesterday, I sprained my feet, can't even walk. I am very worried about this week's payment. Have tried getting loans from friends but I guess no one is willing to take the risk to give loans in this time. Even have resort to asking help from those KTV girls whom I had showered on when I have the cash. But most of the excuses are, they just sent back the money !

At age 30, I have no savings, in massive debts, and no wife and no income. My mother is still working to hang on. What should I do ? Can't find a job.

Re-fianace my housing loan with bank ? But i doubt the bank will do it as i have no income.

Find a job ? With criminal record, who will want to hire me ?

Robbery ? Yes, this even cross my mind.

Bros, as I am lying on my bed with a swollen leg, I really dont know what to do. Can someone advise me on which path I should take ? I simply cannot make anymore mistakes.

K, here's what you gotta do.
Lets start with the money you owe the banks.

Since you're cashless now, you have to decide which path you wanna take.
Below is path 1
When you start owing the banks money, they'll start sending people to knock on your door etc etc and send all kinds of lawyer and court letters to your place.
If you really cant pay back the monthly minimums or even come to a point where you can nego a settlement with the bank, this is what's gonna happen.
After sometime, the bank will get the Sub Courts to issue a Writ of Seizure against you.
What will happen is that the Sub Courts will send their people in uniform to your house to go through stuff and stick a sticker on them.
There will be an invoice which a so called valuer will be there to value all the stuff they stick the sticker on.
Now, do note that they will really devalue the stuff.
Example a $5000 theater system they will value at 100bucks and so one...so will be major loss at your side.
They have jurisdiction to stick that on everything except beds and wardrobes, so fridge, washing machine, dining table and chairs, sofa, tv, dvd players....everything.
So at the end of this exercise, they will give you a copy of what they wrote with the valuers price on them itemised.
After that process is done, the bank that issue you the Writ of Seizure will send you a letter of when they will come Auction the stuff.
This is the fun part, they will send a group of Karang Guni men to your house and they will start to auction the stuff on the list that was written and the bidding starts from the price the valuer estimated which is given to you in the 1st place.
At the end of the that, if you choose to buy it back so that they dun move it out of your house, then offer them a price to buy back but if not and you have cash or have plans to renovate your house and dunno where to throw the stuff to, the renovation chance has come.
Now, this doesnt mean you cant outwit them....go to those personal storage places, or rent a container then move all your stuff there before they actually come. Note, they'll not tell you when they're coming but from the letters u receive, you'll get a rough feel when they'll be there...so move everything away and get some old basic stuff to replace those!
As far as legally is concerned, this is the last psychological step the bank can do to stress you liao, cos after this, no bank can go harass you at your house or anything liao cos all they do after this is send you more mails from their lawyers etc etc to your mailbox.
But note, you can owe every bank on the island, but only 1 bank can execute the Writ of Seizure against you, means one execute it, the rest LL liao...so this thing only need to go through one time!

The last thing is bankruptcy.
This is something that many WAGE EARNERS worry about. It will affect their credibility to employers and if you're employed, the worst thing to kenna is to get bankrupt cos you're whole company will know!
But, if you're self employed, dun pay CPF or income tax type, DO NOT SELF DECLARE bankrupt, let the banks do it for you, then you save a couple of thousands of dollars! Also, note, by hearing your story, the most you owe the banks i guess, is not more than 150k tiobo?
That divided to all banks the most every bank at max also +/- 30k........most banks also will not be stupid to declare you bankrupt cos the legal cost they incur will not justify...cos when they do get you bankrupt, all the lawyer letters they sent to you from day 1 that you default your payment to them till filing you for bankruptcy, they'll have to pay, and you know, legal fees are not cheap and most, if they declare you bankrupt, they actually loose and you win!!!!!!!!!
But that doesnt mean they'll not.......1 bank just might do it, so be ready for it.

Now for your apartment.....guess its HDB ya. Do not re-finance from a bank. If you took your loan from HDB, leave it as that cos as a bankrupt, banks CANNOT repossess your flat but if your loan is from a bank, then they can! Go HDB seek assistance.......they have dept for this and especially in this current crisis, alot of humanitarian factors will be applied to cases!

As for the Ah Long part, I really dunno how to advise you on that but i guess times are hard for everyone, and maybe all you need is to show them sincerity and integrity. Go talk to them personally and tell them your probs...be honest n sincere in wanting to pay them back cos they are one area that the law cant really not cannot protect you...or actually can but i wont tell you how la. Tell them you will start paying once money starts coming in!

So above is actually not that bad a situation except the Ah Long part, here is Singapore not Msia or Hong Kong or China where they can chop off 1 arm 1 leg rape your mother burn your house type, so dun have to worry, but as i have said, be a man, face them and tell them your situation...what you need from them now is trust that you're sincere in wanting to clear your debt wif them and not trying to run! You run, god help you man!

Remember, like i always preach, everything is dead, we are alive......so it aint the end of the world.
All you need is a clear state of mind and TRUST me, this wont really bother you that much already.
Other than the LoanShark, i think i've already given you a sigh of relief on the legal aspects liao.

DO_YOU_BJ
25-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I have friends in the private credit counseling business and the stories and cases they tell me, makes me learn alot.
The banks can only do so much to you...so dun worry, as long as you know how to make money, legally, you dun have to be even bothered about what you owe the banks.

Here's an example.
43 year old man, very well to do, drives a merc 300 S-Class, live in a up market condo is a freelance businessman.........no CPF, no income tax cos all payouts in cash checks!
Wife still works as a school teacher coming to 40 and wif 2 kids.....so got CPF, income tax and stable income but in terms of income, one is heaven the other is earth.
Then he knows business going down liao and owe banks bigtime...what does he do???????
He transfers ownership and loan of house and car to wife's name....goes overseas open bank accounts and move all his money to the banks there...........
Note, banks here have no jurisdiction to seize your funds overseas...only Govt can!

Time came, bank chase chase Writ of Seizure carried out...the day they came and took all his furniture away.
That very nite, the entire family went shopping as good as a new make over to the house.
Car, wife's wor...so cannot touch so still driving.....
So legally, he's a bankrupt but actually, he's still a fucking rich man.
It's all in a state of mind my friend so calm down.......
These steps will make you sleep better liao confirm stamp chop!

Oh last, never try to borrow from whores you threw money at...cos they're bottomless pits...like throwing money into a well that has no bottom.....no matter how long your rope, you still cant reach the ground where your money landed........

Lastly, this is the last and other path.
Go up the tallest building and jump or run across the road and let car bang, but make sure you die hor, else everything will be worse!

So the choice of paths are pretty obvious now rite??????

BKnight
25-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Hey! You!, (wont call you bro because you dont deserve it), hope you are not making-up your story because Bro Do_You_BJ did a superb job in explaining to you all avenues. It does seems very fake story.

If it is a real story, then you are a farking piece of shit! What do not want to go to Ah Long and don’t want to upset mother……Look where are you now?

You did not learn your lesson after released from the cage and went back to old ways of bettings and cheonging beyond your means resulting in this present situation.

You are also a very selfish and unfilial son. How many times you want to break your mother heart? When you are doing well as a property agent, did you take good care of your mother? or taking care of WL gals instead?

Cannot find a job because got record - You are just plain ego and lazy to find a hard working job because you are used to the easy money, good life..

You have thoughts of committing robbery - making other people life miserable for your own salvation.

Borrowing money from WL - You must have spent a lot on them. If you can stood so low now, then go get a farking job...

No help from friends - When you do well, you neglected your friends, no wonder your friends are avoiding you today!

Dont blame Ah Long or Banks- They didnt force you to borrow. You borrowed for your own selfish pleasure and gambling..

Bankrupt - You must be dreaming if you think no need to pay back...You still need to pay monthly. No job, dont worry, the OA will find you a job so you can pay installment to settle your legal debts.

Your character is highly questionable...I am not trying to flame or anything but I do not think you really want to change for the better, you are just looking for a quick fix, hoping some bros here will lend you money or a quick solution. Once you are back to normal, the whole cycle will repeat itself again..Also, now you also know joining a gang is nothing grand and not cool at all...

All bros here - this is my point of view on this fellow...I am not trying to flame or wat..just let him enjoying his Karma and I wont pity such piece of shit. BTW, you can seriously consider Bro Do_You_BJ last option - But do it 100% correct and end well. I wish you a smooth path in the other life.....:mad:.

Oceanlee
25-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Here's an example.
43 year old man, very well to do,

Then he knows business going down liao and owe banks bigtime...what does he do???????
He transfers ownership and loan of house and car to wife's name....goes overseas open bank accounts and move all his money to the banks there...........
Note, banks here have no jurisdiction to seize your funds overseas...only Govt can!

So the choice of paths are pretty obvious now rite??????

Ahemmm ..... Your method also not bad, however what you had thought of ... if I remember correctly, I did consulted 1 of my Lawyer years back when I was at this cross junction too, the replied from my lawyer friends .... if the BANK or partly wish to pursue it .. they can trace you UP till the window of 05 years .. meaning within these time frame anything within your name ... they have the (Will and Time and $$$$) to claim it back if they are determine to .... since you touch on it I also just contribute my part. :p

Today I myself have min. in my own too, the rest needless to say ... method apply, however, they are pros and cons.

Just to note, I also have friend's (dunno how they do it), documented all the house-hold spend at their wife name. SMART BOR ... :D

DO_YOU_BJ
25-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Exactly bro.
That's what i mean.
Even when you are declared bankrupt, you still have to pay back but NOT THE ENTIRE amount.
You would have to prove to OA that you are still a go getter in getting back on your feet.
Dun have to be a high paying job...near impossible if you're a bankrupt but you can still get a job or friends or do something and declare a low income to OA...thus monthly, you still pay OA anything from 300buck onwards......i think i got this part right
So at the end of everything, you just have this very stable income and pay OA monthly to justify your case.
In 3 years, you can self discharge if you can fork out 20-30% of a certain amount...a percentage of the total amount owing to the banks...mind you, the precentage then minus the amount of a few hundreds you've been paying for years..........so you never actually pay 50% back and you'll be discharged.
But if you feel you dun want to settle, OA will reveiw your case and mostly, u will be discharged in about 5yrs.
Of cos, as mentioned, once you're bankrupt, you are not suppose to own anything...not even a self names sim card! So it doesnt make sense for you to want anything under your name.
A bankrupt will only affect his credit rating and if he's someone who's life is an employee...it'll be a damn big headache...but for an entreprenuer, its actually no change in his lifestyle watsoever.

sexfrenzy
25-02-2009, 07:38 PM
bro Do_You_BJ actually the business man in your story sounds like one of my relative except that relative sold all his furniture through an auction (from old yahoo auction) and went to Courts to buy all the furniture and electrical appliances on INSTALLMENT. When DBS came and try to stick the yellow ticket, Courts had a fight with them.

My relatives continue to use all those items because the issues are still being settled between DBS and Courts.

-----------------

And to the TS, I am sorry to say you brought this upon yourself. And worst still, you have put your mother in a bad spot. DO NOT RETURN to a life of crime else your life will be screwed forever.

At 30, there is still time to right the wrong. So far your issues have been pure financial which can always be resolved, however difficult the avenue. Bro Do_You_BJ already gave you some advice.

Having a record does not mean you cannot find a job. Of course, the job available to you will not be cushy, highly paid or in your comfort zone. However they are there to fill your stomach and keep things afloat until your condition gets better.

In all circumstances, when things go rough, think of your mother. She deserved better from you.

Good Luck!

BKnight
25-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Chelsea SPA - You signed up army at 18 and now you are 30. You want to bluff and fake a story also do your Maths and get the pointers in order la.............World Cup 1994 - you go and count how old are you then?.....Please la, dont take bros kindness for nothing..Fark you and fark off !!!!

havana
25-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Maybe can try renting out your whole house......and try to rent a room with your mum.

If u have a 3 room flat and rent out the whole house, u can get around $1400....Minus the rent u need to pay-$450.....U still have about $950p/mth.
Try to ask the tenant to pay 3mth advance rental, and u should have some $ in hand:rolleyes:

Hope my stupid idea help......

Gentle Beast
25-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Chelsea SPA - You signed up army at 18 and now you are 30. You want to bluff and fake a story also do your Maths and get the pointers in order la.............World Cup 1994 - you go and count how old are you then?.....Please la, dont take bros kindness for nothing..Fark you and fark off !!!!

Yes, working backwards it would have been more convincing if he said he's 33 this year.

1976 Year of Birth
1994 World Cup gambling at age 18
1996 upgrade to bigger flat at age 20
2002 left army, broke bond at age 26
2007 Caught for illegal business at age 31
2008 became successful property agent at age 32
2009 financially broken and in despair at age 33

'Story not totally unbelievable, cos have heard of worst'

Cheers!

icecum
25-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Come on bro let's not blame him, WHO never done wrong in their life in their path BEFORE as long it never been too late to turn back....

Alot of bro been helping you in here liao.....

Sorry ar my english very lousy

One bro said rent out the room well it a good ideal....

As for job trust me if u are going for 2k and above job with ur background very hard to get.....One bro also said get 2 3 job it should beable to get 2k per mth lor just endure for that 2 or 3 yr....

As for ah long try to get any frd that know this ah long try to talk to them and thell them what u are going on and tell them how u are going to pay them..... with a 3rd party who are on SS side....

Don't worry bro as long the money u earn now don't waste it on un-important un-urgent issue endure for 3 or 5 yr u will be still u right.... at that time at that age it will still never be late for anything ok.... Cheers up man

BKnight
25-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Apart from the farked-up dates and age, he should link his story better, not just pluck here and there to make a sob story and the words in bold..single-handedly Bros, as I am lying on my bed with a swollen leg, I really dont know what to do. Can someone advise me on which path I should take ? I simply cannot make anymore mistakes - Playing up the sob mood...He is just trying to kill his time and make fun of bros who replied to his sob story...You can write all sob stories you want but there are bros like DO U BJ and others who actually offered good pointers.

retire
26-02-2009, 02:12 AM

thanks for the very detailed posts.

about the quoted thing you said, banks have no jurisdiction to seize funds overseas, let's just say one owes a bank some money, does its branch in another country have the rights to seize his funds in that country (the other one)?

colins
26-02-2009, 03:20 AM
Whether the story is real or not, seriously it doesn't belong to this section.

But giving a benefit of doubt and risking -5 by sam, bro chelsea SPA the only advice to you is to 脚踏实地. Easy money all has a price to pay, and the price is usually your soul cos it will change you into another person. Gambling and engaging in illegal activities are all the symptons of cravings for easy money. It can make you forget yourself and in this case even your own mother.

Who says even ex-convicts cannot be employed? How many jobs have you found? Or those jobs never offer you thousands of dollars which you have previously earned? Well if you still remain the way you are, naturally you haven't correct yourself. Instead of writing here, dun escape the problems liao and go face it. It might take years to reach your original objective to get married and be stable but if you see yourself in your sorry state and face it, you might just reach there one day.

If you have the courage to face the problems, you will know what you should do. I believe the first thing to do is to say sorry to your mum and tell her your story. Worry one time, find solution then cure it. Then after that, no more worries and learn the lesson.

Take care.

Chelsea SPA
26-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks for all your advice.

Sorry for the mix up of the world cup. But I remembered it was the final Brazil vs France. Brazil was the hot favourite then. But Zidane scored twice.

Some of the suggestions like changing the name or selling off the furnitures, these are rich people's game. I also heard of people who are bankrupt but still living a luxury life.

Good news is the doctor said there's no major crack or fracture, should be able to recover in few days. Have also sent out my resume to those online jobs site eg. jobdb, myjobstreet etc.

I admit I am in this state bcos of

1) No discipline to save for rainy days. Earn how much, spent how much, win how much, spent how much.

2) Illegal activties

3) Betting/Gambling

4) Easy money since young. When I was in ITE, every month got $750 allowance, School fees, books everything sponsor. So now I really respect those who work part time and study. These are people who will treasure the importance of $$

Just wanna share my life experience esp to the young ones here. Don't be like me, full of regrets, achieved nothing.

So please do stay out of any illegal activties and also gambling. Do save as much as you can for rainy days.

BKnight
26-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Chelsea SPA - Glad that you wake-up from here. Just trying to be hard on you in my previous posting....nothing personal, when you go for interview, if interviewer didnt ask , dont mention on your past record and don't tell anyone in your work place. Be humble and you be alright. It is often easier to say than done to try to control your urges not to go back to gambling or to cheong again once you have your 1st paycheck or have some extra money...I gave you the following personal wisdom and hope it works for all bros as well:

登天難,求人更難。
黃蓮苦,貧窮更苦。
春冰薄,人情更薄。
江潮險,人心更險。
知其難,甘其苦,
耐其薄,可以處世矣

Take care.Bro....Be a good son :D

sexfrenzy
26-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks for all your advice.
Have also sent out my resume to those online jobs site eg. jobdb, myjobstreet etc.

You may want to visit those agencies personally and chances are you will find a job faster. You can also try newspapers which are available FOC in community centres, fast good joints etc. Companies that look for positions in the papers are likely to be genuine in hiring. Not like those on the internet.. some are juz test market only.

BTW, who sort of jobs are you looking at currently?

slider_72
26-02-2009, 05:45 PM

about the quoted thing you said, banks have no jurisdiction to seize funds overseas, let's just say one owes a bank some money, does its branch in another country have the rights to seize his funds in that country (the other one)?

It all depends. Normally when you open an account with a bank, there will be a lot of detailed terms which nobody ever bothers to read. One of the terms would be to give the bank a right to combine your accounts. For example, if you have a savings account with some money inside, but you owe the banks money in your credit card account, the bank has the right to combine the two accounts together, ie to set off the amount owing in one account using the balance from another account.

If the bank has a branch overseas, whether the right to combine accounts will depend on the corporate structure of the bank. Using Citibank as an example, Citibank NA is a company incorporated in the States. Most people will simply assume that Citibank Singapore is its Singapore branch. Actually there is a separate legal entity called Citibank Singapore Pte Ltd. It is not a branch but rather a subsidiary. A subsidiary would be regarded as a separate legal entity.

So if you owe money to Citibank Singapore Pte Ltd, but maintain some money in an account with Citibank NA in New York, chances are they cannot simply take the money and set off against the money you owed.

That however does not mean that your money is protected. It just mean that the bank would have to take a longer procedure to take your money. They would probably have to sue you and enter judgment against you in Singapore. After that, bring the judgment over to New York and apply for the Singapore judgment to be enforced and executed in New York.

Of course, if you owe money to Citibank but maintain an account with HSBC, there is nothing stopping Citibank from going after your money kept in HSBC if they knew of the existence of your account with HSBC. All Citibank needs to do is to sue you, get judgment against you and apply for a garnishee order against your account maintained with HSBC.

If your account with HSBC is maintained in Hong Kong, then all it means is that the bank would have to apply to register the Singapore judgment in Hong Kong before they can proceed to execute the judgment in Hong Kong.

To correct something that bro DYBJ posted, it is not true that only the govt can freeze your accounts maintained overseas. In fact, I believe the Singapore govt does not have the power to freeze your overseas bank accounts.

However, there is a weapon that a creditor may use, that is to obtain a court order known as a freezing order (previously known as a mareva injunction) against you. A freezing order can take two forms, the first is a local freezing order whereby the debtor's assets within Singapore are frozen. The second form is a worldwide freezing order where as the name suggests, the debtor's assets anywhere in the world would be frozen.

To enforce a freezing order in Singapore is relatively easy. All you need to do is to inform the banks that the debtor is subject to a freezing order and the banks will comply with the court order.

To enforce a worldwide freezing order is a lot more difficult. If the debtor's money is in an account maintained with Banana Republic First National Bank and Banana Republic First National Bank has one and only one branch located in The People's Democratic Banana Republic, that bank may simply ignore a court order from the Singapore High Court and you might not be able to do anything about it.

retire
26-02-2009, 08:26 PM
very interesting and informative post. thanks slider

HCKing
26-02-2009, 11:00 PM
登天難,求人更難。
黃蓮苦,貧窮更苦。
春冰薄,人情更薄。
江潮險,人心更險。
知其難,甘其苦,
耐其薄,可以處世矣

this r very good words bro, and esp in today's economic context, more true than anything. good one bro.:cool:

DO_YOU_BJ
27-02-2009, 02:24 AM
If the bank has a branch overseas, whether the right to combine accounts will depend on the corporate structure of the bank. Using Citibank as an example, Citibank NA is a company incorporated in the States. Most people will simply assume that Citibank Singapore is its Singapore branch. Actually there is a separate legal entity called Citibank Singapore Pte Ltd. It is not a branch but rather a subsidiary. A subsidiary would be regarded as a separate legal entity.

So if you owe money to Citibank Singapore Pte Ltd, but maintain some money in an account with Citibank NA in New York, chances are they cannot simply take the money and set off against the money you owed.

That however does not mean that your money is protected. It just mean that the bank would have to take a longer procedure to take your money. They would probably have to sue you and enter judgment against you in Singapore. After that, bring the judgment over to New York and apply for the Singapore judgment to be enforced and executed in New York.

Of course, if you owe money to Citibank but maintain an account with HSBC, there is nothing stopping Citibank from going after your money kept in HSBC if they knew of the existence of your account with HSBC. All Citibank needs to do is to sue you, get judgment against you and apply for a garnishee order against your account maintained with HSBC.

If your account with HSBC is maintained in Hong Kong, then all it means is that the bank would have to apply to register the Singapore judgment in Hong Kong before they can proceed to execute the judgment in Hong Kong.

To correct something that bro DYBJ posted, it is not true that only the govt can freeze your accounts maintained overseas. In fact, I believe the Singapore govt does not have the power to freeze your overseas bank accounts.

However, there is a weapon that a creditor may use, that is to obtain a court order known as a freezing order (previously known as a mareva injunction) against you. A freezing order can take two forms, the first is a local freezing order whereby the debtor's assets within Singapore are frozen. The second form is a worldwide freezing order where as the name suggests, the debtor's assets anywhere in the world would be frozen.

To enforce a freezing order in Singapore is relatively easy. All you need to do is to inform the banks that the debtor is subject to a freezing order and the banks will comply with the court order.

To enforce a worldwide freezing order is a lot more difficult. If the debtor's money is in an account maintained with Banana Republic First National Bank and Banana Republic First National Bank has one and only one branch located in The People's Democratic Banana Republic, that bank may simply ignore a court order from the Singapore High Court and you might not be able to do anything about it.

If we're talking about a multi million suit, of cos the banks will go all out in their legal boundaries to try to obtain your wealth overseas shud they know you have any.
But look at it this way, the convention where this injunction is applicable is not worldwide.

Ok you opened a HSBC account in UK, their headquaters, then you get into watever financial trouble, well, internally, they can do within their intl networks to hold or freeze your fund legally of cos. But one has to be an idiot to still have any funds in that bank's branches anywhere in the world.

Say you owe standard chartered bank here like our TS at say SGD10mil...you have 20 million USD in bank of china in their beijing branch.....now, NO ONE CAN SEIZE THAT MONEY!
The countries must have treaties that allow such co-operations in the 1st place.
Example, just example, based on my very limited knowledge on legal stuff hehehehe

I owe OCBC bank SGD150k...now they suing me for bankrupt and wanna seize all my watever to cover what i owe them.....
I then have AUD350k in Commonwealth Bank of Australia in their Sydney branch
I have USD500k in Cathay Bank in their Los Angeles Branch
I have USD5mil in Cayman National Bank Ltd
Bro, based on your legal knowledge, which of those funds that I've stashed in those other locations can and will be touched?
Answer.....NONE!
To qualify such an act to happen to require a very serious sensational situation...else like any other John Doe, there's no way on earth OCBC will do that and no one will wanna entertain them either.....why? Cos its as good as a breach in the intl banking code! Thus credibility of bank security will be dun for.
Take Swiss bank for example, the number of bankrupts with millions stashed there cant be touched by the banks they owe, why??? Their secrecy charter.
But then, unless big sensational situations takes place...where countries are involved, then its a diff story....
That was the point i was driving at.

Also, example if you're a bankrupt here in Singapore, you can still go USA, Aus, UK, almost anywhere, put reasonable amounts of money, apply for a credit card and still get one............

This is every businessman's backdoor and must always be practiced.........else like these times, the only ones who will make the most $$$$ will be the casket companies...hahahaha

DO_YOU_BJ
27-02-2009, 02:36 AM

Let me answer you in another simply common sense way.
You owe Ah Gao 10k
You have 20k of cash
Will you let anyone in his family keep that money for you though they're all staying in different parts of the world?
Isnt it like putting all the eggs in 1 basket?

Remember that idiot who worked for SIA
Simple wage earner, siphoned so much money out and put where and how did he spend it?
Isnt that also like putting all eggs in 1 basket......
Get my point

There are safe havens in the world for you to put your money and no country can take it from you...of cos, war no choice liao la but then again, such banks do exist.
For example, Standard Chartered Bank has a branch in the Cayman Islands, this bank is a total stand alone unit and their policies are very diff from the parent company's usual standing order cos their clients are all hush hush super freaking filthy rich!

Ok out of point liao.......but u get the drift

slider_72
27-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I owe OCBC bank SGD150k...now they suing me for bankrupt and wanna seize all my watever to cover what i owe them.....
I then have AUD350k in Commonwealth Bank of Australia in their Sydney branch
I have USD500k in Cathay Bank in their Los Angeles Branch
I have USD5mil in Cayman National Bank Ltd
Bro, based on your legal knowledge, which of those funds that I've stashed in those other locations can and will be touched?
Answer.....NONE!

Errrr.... bro, I think the answer should be all of the above, SUBJECT TO, OCBC Bank being able to discover where the money is, and subject to the laws of that country recognising and allowing the enforcement of a Singapore judgment.

For example, if OCBC Bank obtains judgment against you in the Singapore court, they can take the judgment to Australia and apply for it to be enforced as though it is a judgment issued by the Australian courts. The next step would be to garnish the money in the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

The difficulty of course is for OCBC Bank to find where your assets are located, but that is another story. Commonwealth Bank, Cathay Bank and Cayman National Bank in the ordinary course of business will not divulge information about your account. OCBC Bank will have to get you to provide the information.

I do certainly agree with you that most businessmen will have their backdoor methods of hidding their assets. Now if a businessman is familiar with such legal procedures, there are certainly ways for him to hide his assets. Cayman National Bank would be a good place to hide his assets because the account holder may be in the name of a nominee company incorporated in the Cayman Islands with bearer shares and nominee directors.

Anyway, people who go through such hassle are probably trying to hide their millions. How many millions or billions have your hidden this way bro? :D:D:D

fee3fow
27-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I hope you really change after this incident TS. You are already 30+ and still have to rely on your mother when you are out of money :mad:. You should be taking good care of your mother now. You know how hard it is for her to raise you up by herself :mad:. 父母之恩,以死难报。
All men will make mistake at some point in life and i hope you listen to the advice by senior brothers here, resolve your problem and change for the better. As i always say 珍惜眼前人。 Life is full of uncertainly. Dun wait until it is too late to repay your gratitude to your mother. Trust me, then you will live a life of regret in many years to come

DO_YOU_BJ
27-02-2009, 04:12 PM
How many millions or billions have your hidden this way bro? :D:D:D

No lah bro, i hide my total wealth of 20dollars in my biscuit tin under my bed hehehehehehe

SirDennis
27-02-2009, 08:37 PM
About the jobs Chelsea can get, will McDonalds let him? Wont they do a criminal record check? McDonalds is kind all proper, isnt it?

HCKing
28-02-2009, 02:54 AM
About the jobs Chelsea can get, will McDonalds let him? Wont they do a criminal record check? McDonalds is kind all proper, isnt it?

er, pardon me but y McDonalds again?:confused:

colins
28-02-2009, 04:18 AM
No lah bro, i hide my total wealth of 20dollars in my biscuit tin under my bed hehehehehehe

No wonder you always got rusty smell with you. Please take those Ming Dynasty coins out from under the bed. They're worth millions now. :D

shanshen
28-02-2009, 11:10 AM
No wonder you always got rusty smell with you. Please take those Ming Dynasty coins out from under the bed. They're worth millions now. :D

wah, u guys (do_u_bj, colins, slider) really amaze me with your well round knowledge and ways to resolve things..have to really learn from the guru here. if u three and get together n form a charity help company, i am sure u have thousands if not millions customers world wide.. i am most willing to help u all answering phone calls and do the filing work..:D

if i analyse the 20dollars in a biscuit tin under the bed after reading the caymay bank..i would equate it to at least 20 millions dollors stash away in cayman bank or swiss bank..kekeke :p

Peter Bang
28-02-2009, 11:25 AM

Bro, hope my suggestion is not too stupid. Other that read this, pls do not anyhow zap hor.

Why not talk to the Ah Long to let them know about your current situation? I think they will be more happy for you to look for them then they come looking for you.

Suggest to them that you are willing to be their runner till you find a proper job to start serving your loan again. Also neg with them that during the period as runner, no interest will be charged at your current loan and if possible, seek for some salary. If the Ah Long turned nasty, try throwing your last card by telling them if they force you to the wall, you will have to report to the Authority.. but also play soft by telling them you respect them becos they (Ah Long) were the one who help him with your $$$ issues when you needed the $$$.. thus you really do not want to turn to Authority that's why you came to them.

Bro, just curious.. how much you owed them and how is the interest like? This may be a good tread to teach us not to go to Ah Long..

Last resort, seek help from Authority.. but hav to bear the consequences..

Peter Bang
28-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Anyway, people who go through such hassle are probably trying to hide their millions. How many millions or billions have your hidden this way bro? :D:D

Hee bro, me hide my "millions" in my sack aka "Lump Par" :D

DO_YOU_BJ
28-02-2009, 11:35 AM
If the Ah Long turned nasty, try throwing your last card by telling them if they force you to the wall, you will have to report to the Authority.. thus you really do not want to turn to Authority that's why you came to them.

Last resort, seek help from Authority.. but hav to bear the consequences

Wah kaoz...this kind of suggestion also can.....bro you might as well pass him a gun to shoot himself!

1st, Ah Long dun find you to ask you to borrow money from them
You have to find them to borrow money....meaning, you WILLING need the $$$$$$
Next, you tell him go nego and if they turn nasty, threaten them wif authority?????
Last report SABO the Ah Long...you the typical no integrity type of guy, borrow money from people, no money pay back 1st one to pull trigger also you.......Respect Respect!
Damn, if there was ever a situation that requires brainstorming or a negotiator, PLS NEVER GET INVOLVED!

BKnight
28-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Bro, hope my suggestion is not too stupid. Other that read this, pls do not anyhow zap hor.

Why not talk to the Ah Long to let them know about your current situation? I think they will be more happy for you to look for them then they come looking for you.

Suggest to them that you are willing to be their runner till you find a proper job to start serving your loan again. Also neg with them that during the period as runner, no interest will be charged at your current loan and if possible, seek for some salary. If the Ah Long turned nasty, try throwing your last card by telling them if they force you to the wall, you will have to report to the Authority.. but also play soft by telling them you respect them becos they (Ah Long) were the one who help him with your $$$ issues when you needed the $$$.. thus you really do not want to turn to Authority that's why you came to them.

Bro, just curious.. how much you owed them and how is the interest like? This may be a good tread to teach us not to go to Ah Long..

Last resort, seek help from Authority.. but hav to bear the consequences..

Hey! Are you Nuts!!! are you mocking him or trying to make fun of us here? We been trying to post here to help him to walk on the right path..You advising him to be a Ah Long runner? no interest will be charged at his current loan and if possible, seek for some salary? If the Ah Long turned nasty, try throwing his last card by telling them if they force him to the wall, he will have to report to the Authority?........Why not you go and help Bro Chelsea to settle his debt? I personall think your method is highly workable for YOU ONLY...You can go alone and tell his Ah Long your solutions and negotiate the most favourable term of repayment for him...What a farking Nuthead!!! Please la, if you dont know, dun anyhow offer STUPID solution... Thank God! You are not working in UN, if not, sure World War 3....:mad:

BKnight
28-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Hee bro, me hide my "millions" in my sack aka "Lump Par" :D

If you have any "LUMP PAR" you wont gave this type of fark type, point of no return, stupid suggestions..Pew! Pew! Pew!

Peter Bang
01-03-2009, 12:06 AM
If you have any "LUMP PAR" you wont gave this type of fark type, point of no return, stupid suggestions..Pew! Pew! Pew!

aiyoh all Bros, i already said might mot be a good idea wor.. But at least all you are gentleman and didnt zap me la.

i do hav 1 more brilliant idea ;) since there are so many members here, why not all donate $20 to him? I start the ball rolling. TS, gimme ur bank account and i will transfer it to you next week. All you bro, on boh??

Chelsea SPA
01-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Wah kaoz...this kind of suggestion also can.....bro you might as well pass him a gun to shoot himself!

Cool down bro. There is also one suggestion that I had thought of. But don't think I will implement it. Haha. But by the way, if the ah long ring really kena raided, means my debts will also write off ? The police would have seized the records everything right ?

i do hav 1 more brilliant idea ;) since there are so many members here, why not all donate $20 to him? I start the ball rolling. TS, gimme ur bank account and i will transfer it to you next week. All you bro, on boh??

Sorry bro, I am writing this not to ask for donations.

2 main things are :

1) Just want to know if there are others out there on the same boat as me and how they cope.

2) Warning to the young ones not to end up like me.

Peter Bang
01-03-2009, 12:56 AM
What should I do with... 01-03-2009 12:13 AM Dumb!

Dunno which coward deduct 5 points from me and called me dumb. If you are a man, then leave ur nick. No need ur dick as i think you do not have 1 as a man dont do things behind people's back.

Use your head to think. You think you are very smart? If you think you are, then come out and see who is more successful in life and in career.

DO_YOU_BJ
01-03-2009, 03:50 AM
But by the way, if the ah long ring really kena raided, means my debts will also write off ? The police would have seized the records everything right ?

Your story is not the 1st i've come across wif honestly and i know of several who manage to nego with Ah Long thru their bros who's got proper connections.......again, only wif integrity and sincerity can this be solved.

Guess u dun know how the Ah Long network works but you can catch the guy you met and borrowed but do not forget he has someone who is doing the actual funding and boys to feed....yes, the weather may seem clear after you shoot him to the authorities but the rest will come visit you for sure once the dust settles.

Do not RUN AWAY from what you created, FACE IT and walk thru the fire, you may be burnt, scalded but you live on with a valuable lesson learnt....the REWARD????? Peace of mind, body & Soul!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot them to the authorities, you'll be like a rat for the rest of your life always having to look behind you...and once he's released....guess you can imagine how many folds your anxiety and fear will start to increase...........

2 different paths, 2 different solutions, 2 different endings!
Very clearly spelt out for you to see liao!

DO_YOU_BJ
01-03-2009, 03:54 AM
What should I do with... 01-03-2009 12:13 AM Dumb!

Dunno which coward deduct 5 points from me and called me dumb. If you are a man, then leave ur nick. No need ur dick as i think you do not have 1 as a man dont do things behind people's back.

Use your head to think. You think you are very smart? If you think you are, then come out and see who is more successful in life and in career.

Dude, your comment errrrrr.......like man dun do things behind peoples back....errrrrrrr.........but, but.....isnt that what you're suggesting for TS to do????

Sorry, i always get very confused when people dun practice what they preach...so which is which?????
Meaning, u can back stab other and steady poon pee pee la...others back stab u is buay steady?
Now i'm really cuntfused!!!!!!!!!!
DAMN!!!!!!

colins
01-03-2009, 04:02 AM
aiyoh all Bros, i already said might mot be a good idea wor.. But at least all you are gentleman and didnt zap me la.

I can't take it anymore, I have to be a gentlemen and zap you.

If Chelsea SPA din clarify that he is not looking for donations, I would have believe bknight that this is a con case. All becos of your brilliant suggestion.

Peter Bang
01-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Dude, your comment errrrrr.......like man dun do things behind peoples back....errrrrrrr.........but, but.....isnt that what you're suggesting for TS to do????

Sorry, i always get very confused when people dun practice what they preach...so which is which?????
Meaning, u can back stab other and steady poon pee pee la...others back stab u is buay steady?
Now i'm really cuntfused!!!!!!!!!!
DAMN!!!!!!

No Bro, my suggestions you also agreed, dont you.

In order to enter into any negotiation, one must be prepared in several levels where you will have to drop to if the other party do not come to term with. And finally, a cut-off line (to be used in a worst scenrio, eg, they start to turn nasty & possibly physical). All these are part & parcel of negotiation tactics coupled with risk analysis plus SWOT analysis.

In this case, i am only suggesting to TS about what he can used against them should they turned nasty. Put it this way, if you cant pay, they will also go harrass all your family and worst still, if you were to read the papers, they even go after the new house owner of those people who owed Ah Long $$ & sold house to escape..

People never analyse my thoughts and ended up trigger happy.. wonder what they will do if they have a gun on their hands...

Also TS had said that my suggestion also came across his mind meaning we are doing a good brain storming session here. As a saying go, any suggestion is a good suggestion compared to keeping quiet in a brain storming session.

If people is being shot down just by participating in trying to give ideas (no matter how good or bad), then i think this is a sad society..

Peace.. think i will be zap again.. haha.

BKnight
01-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Ah Peter arh! Yup, forum is for open suggestions and brainstorming, but what you have suggested is asking him to go directly into the Eye of a Storm
You may not realize it, Any negotiation--whether it involves settling on the final settlement price or instalment plan or delay payment --ends in one of five possible outcomes: (1) lose/lose, in which neither party achieves his goals; (2) lose/win or (3) win/lose, in which one party achieves his goals and the other does not; (4) no outcome, in which neither party wins or loses; and (5) win/win, in which the goals of both parties are met. It’s easy to see that numbers 1 and 4 are less than ideal, as is number 2 if you are the one who loses! But what about the other two outcomes? Isn’t win/lose just as desirable as win/win, as long as you are the winner?

The objective of the negotiation will be to establish a plan with which Chelsea can manage the Ah Long debts that he accrued from doing business with them. He need to come up with a “debt management plan” - something he has have to present to a the Ah Long of his, so that they don't take his head off when he tell them he won't be paying the money back the way they want.He have to make them like it, which means it has got to favor them… and favour him. This is Win/Win..

You do not entering into a negotiation with a threat..I will go to authority if you don’t agree or I will go to authority but I am grateful to you, my option open (I can still go anytime to authority if I want to) …

BTW, Peter, please do not confuse NEGOTIATION Strategy with Strategy of Business that you mentioned SWOT and Risk Analysis (You just Confuse Chelsea, he will think that you ask him to look for SWAT !) Let me refresh your textbook as follows:

SWOT Analysis is a strategic planning method used to evaluate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats involved in a project or in a business venture. It involves specifying the objective of the business venture or project and identifying the internal and external factors that are favourable and unfavourable to achieving that objective.

Risk analysis is a technique to identify and assess factors that may jeopardize the success of a project or achieving a goal. This technique also helps to define preventive measures to reduce the probability of these factors from occurring and identify countermeasures to successfully deal with these constraints when they develop to avert possible negative effects on the competitiveness of the company.

If you read the newspaper and gather your thoughts/suggestions based on what you have read on Ah Long, then you are slightly off the marks, 80% of the victims interviewed by reporters all claimed to be innocent parties..Whether innocent or not, only they know themselves…

When you borrow money from friends. relatives, banks or Ah Long, the basic is simple: NO ONE FORCE YOU TO BORROW, YOU TURN TO AH LONG AS A LAST RESORT BECAUSE NOBODY WANT TO LEND IT TO YOU, OWE MONEY PAY MONEY IS 天共地道 REGARDLESS OF WHO THE LENDER IS….YOU GOT PROBLEM IN REPAYING – NEGOTIATE WITH A WIN/WIN PLAN….

Apologize to all Bros here for this long posting but I have to be clear of what we are trying to achieve here objectively…

BKnight
01-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Bro, DO_U_BJ, Slider and Colin - Please read my posting on what Kiko did.I think he is a sithlord....hahaha ..

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/matters-heart/103488-china-ktv12288-65319-65313-65324-65331-a-15.html

colins
01-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Ah....now we're at SWOT analysis for Ah long negotiation...
Perhaps Peter bang is either ignorant of how the ah longs work or suggesting something which has not taken that into consideration. Why do they go about harrassing people in the first place? While I am not siding them, I think it is fair to say that if you borrow and return money on time, nothing would happen to you. If you run debt, they will react, just like everybody would have reacted. Like banks and even friends. It is just the nature of negotiation that is different but bottomline is the same, sincerity in repaying. And with that, perhaps the ahlong can be spoken to, yes you might shit and bruises for making the first run, but no matter what you do if you cannot repay, they kill you also no use.

But the aspect of using the authority as trump card is very different la. Even if you want to use it, how can you bring it to the table and use that to stop the ahlong from harrassing you? You can brainstorm here, but the idea must go thru your brain first right? Brainstorming is not speaking without brains. If you are the ahlong, your client whom you deem very likely to run away talk to your about bringing you to the authority, how would you react? You are coercing trouble, thats what it is! DO YOU THINK that the ahlong will back down and say sorry? The same guys who spray paints and collar you at the first opportunity if you run? Come on.

You are solving a problem here, yet your say is to use SWOT analysis. Where the fuck is the opportunity? Borrow more money or you expect the ahlong to give you angbaos? At the very very least if you like bringing out theories, you should be suggesting problem solving techniques rather than negotiation. Fuck man its hard to even imagine that you are 'negotiating' when you're pinned down and beaten up.

Pls pls do away with such theories and some half fuck idea on how to apply them. If you know nuts at least dun be a monkey. You like to participate, just keep your mouth shut and listen. Ask questions and clarify them for the benefit of Chelsea SPA in case you believe suggestions are too cheem for him. That is also brainstorming, while not trying to steer everybody to your direction and take personal offense if people din. Nobody challenged your position, only your 'ideas'. The more you defend yourself the more you break. What the hell for?

HCKing
01-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Bro, DO_U_BJ, Slider and Colin - Please read my posting on what Kiko did.I think he is a sithlord....hahaha ..

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/matters-heart/103488-china-ktv12288-65319-65313-65324-65331-a-15.html

bro he isnt a sithlord, he is an attention seeker. if u continue to respond to his posts u will hands up and calls stop very soon, just like me.:D

BKnight
01-03-2009, 01:19 PM
bro he isnt a sithlord, he is an attention seeker. if u continue to respond to his posts u will hands up and calls stop very soon, just like me.:D

HaHa! but at least, he is entertaining and fun to read....I not met him before as I declined his invite last Thursday to S.G ..Understand now his meeting place include Burger King hahaha

kiko
01-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Bro Chelsea SPA:

I am kiko here, re u feeling better, this thurs after my class, i meet up with u at Mac, U pm me bro, see how we can discuss the issue and solve the problem? :)

HCKing
01-03-2009, 01:29 PM
HaHa! but at least, he is entertaining and fun to read....I not met him before as I declined his invite last Thursday to S.G ..Understand now his meeting place include Burger King hahaha

hehe agree with u tat his posts are entertaining, ridiculous and hilarious to read, but dont stick too close to him in case kana infected hor. hahaha.:D

BKnight
01-03-2009, 01:39 PM
All hail to the Sithlord, Kiko is here! Wow! you can sense a disturbance in the force? Trying to recruite a Sith apprentice?

"When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the Master."
"Only a master of evil, Farth Vader."

HCKing
01-03-2009, 01:41 PM
2 main things are :

1) Just want to know if there are others out there on the same boat as me and how they cope.

2) Warning to the young ones not to end up like me.

old habits r hard to kick, my advice is rem tat nthing is free and forever in this world, just like the world's economy, booming 4 the past few yrs with ppl buying all sorts of things by credit card installment, and suddenly, bubble burst, alot of these ppl get retrenched, with little savings, need to find new jobs but few jobs out there while thinking of hw to clear their sky-high credit card bills.chump right?

same goes 4 yr situation, learn to develop a good saving and spending habits, and make it long term, if best, a life long habit. so tat in future if u do encounter any financial difficulties it will nt bother u much as u will have the confident and assets to tide over them.

as 4 the KTV girls part, no $$ no honey lah so no need to expect them to help u out. it's a realistic world.:cool:

Chelsea SPA
01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks all for your comments.

Initially, some bros thought i was a con man making up stories and was zapped. Am glad now that the misunderstanding is cleared.

I also received pm frm bros here recommending me job opportunities. My sprain leg is recovering well and guess I will be able to go find job in 2 or 3 days time. Strangly all the jobs applications i make online, there are no reply or any phonecalls to ask me go down for interview :(

Gambling is such an addiction ... an expensive one too. I can estimate the total amount i lost since the world cup final (Brazil vs Argentina) till today, can easily almost reach 6 figures.

If I had not gamble, I guess i would probably have a good career, huge savings, drive a car and even have a family by now. Look where i am now, jobless, indebts, no savings and all alone.

How i wish i could turn back time.

Chelsea SPA
01-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Can ask something ?

If I have a Citibank debt of $5k, and if CitiGroup collaspe or go bankrupt, what will happen to my debts ?

Gentle Beast
01-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Can ask something ?

If I have a Citibank debt of $5k, and if CitiGroup collaspe or go bankrupt, what will happen to my debts ?

The new owner who bought over Citibank will have a claim on your debts.

DO_YOU_BJ
01-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Can ask something ?

Dude, if i were u, i'll sort out the Ah Long 1st
The banks are the least of your probs

As for your question, another bro has answered liao, so it wont just GO AWAY!

BKnight
01-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I tot you want to give up on FL and soccer ? you still checking for FL contact and prices and soccer? hahahaha How disappointing? confused: I was thinking to help you further but now I call in a day..My last posting here...

Chelsea SPA
01-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I tot you want to give up on FL and soccer ? you still checking for FL contact and prices and soccer? hahahaha How disappointing? confused: I was thinking to help you further but now I call in a day..My last posting here...

Did i ask anyone for a FL contact ? How to engage a FL when my wallet left $20 ?

I am a true blue Chelsea supporter since the Zola era. Will always read the news about Chelsea.

I don't how i disappoint you. If so, my apologises.

slider_72
02-03-2009, 10:54 AM
The new owner who bought over Citibank will have a claim on your debts.

If the Citi that never sleeps finally rests in peace, as in liquidated, the liquidator will step into their shoes and claim against you. Interest will continue to run on the accrued debt until final repayment. So your $5K debt may snowball until it is several times the original amount by the time the liquidators come around to suing you for repayment of the debt.

wah, u guys (do_u_bj, colins, slider) really amaze me with your well round knowledge and ways to resolve things..have to really learn from the guru here.

略懂,略懂。

万事略懂一些,生活乐趣多一些。 :D

Schenker
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Listen very carefully to what I'm gonna tell you.

The last thing is bankruptcy.

This is something that many WAGE EARNERS worry about. It will affect their credibility to employers and if you're employed, the worst thing to kenna is to get bankrupt cos you're whole company will know! But, if you're self employed, dun pay CPF or income tax type, DO NOT SELF DECLARE bankrupt, let the banks do it for you, then you save a couple of thousands of dollars! Also, note, by hearing your story, the most you owe the banks i guess, is not more than 150k tiobo?

That divided to all banks the most every bank at max also +/- 30k........most banks also will not be stupid to declare you bankrupt cos the legal cost they incur will not justify...cos when they do get you bankrupt, all the lawyer letters they sent to you from day 1 that you default your payment to them till filing you for bankruptcy, they'll have to pay, and you know, legal fees are not cheap and most, if they declare you bankrupt, they actually loose and you win!!!!!!!!! But that doesnt mean they'll not.......1 bank just might do it, so be ready for it.

Bro DO_YOU_BJ, you are indeed very knowledgeable in this area.

Just to add-on abit lah... now the cost of self-bankruptcy has increased. (Last time was $1600.). But still got alot of them Qing up at Maxwell Road (IPTO) to self-file, it takes about 6 mths for them to process. Most creditors will adopt "sit-and-wait" tactics against debtors. Furthermore if one creditor (A) decided to lay on you via bankruptcy act, then A will have a lion share of what you can offer to pay to OA. So this sometimes can drag for years....

My advice is to negotiate with the creditors, at least something out of nothing.

DO_YOU_BJ
03-03-2009, 03:35 AM
My advice is to negotiate with the creditors, at least something out of nothing.

Bro Schenker, you pioneer or from BAX batch????hehehehe
Anyway, lets just use the assumption that i mentioned in the earlier post that you quoted from.
You are a salaried staff...cos if you're wif schekner, then you're definitely not self employed.
Ok, assuming that your take home pay nett nett is 7k per month!
You owe the banks say all major 5banks, citi, uob, standchart, dbs, ocbc say about a combined total of SGD150,000.00
Now you can call them, you can pay back...why? Cos you will be so tormented by the stress it'll have on your career! Now, even if you manage to nego wif them, think how much minimum you're gonna have to pay back per month? Think your 7k pump petrol oso got prob liao...ya but for the sake of your employment, in a way, you're TRAPPED and gotta live with this.

Now, if you're self employed.....say i owe same banks, owe same amount, no CPF or IRAS...cash check everymonth and legally TERMED unemployed.........what will you do?
Well, I'll ask them to sue me BK(short for bankrupt and not burger king hor)
Why, cos i pay them with interest rolling...siow boh and for how long???? 3-5yrs and so on....no thanks

I'll live and spend like a king and screw them. Not only will i not self declare, i want them to declare me BK...cos i will say, solly hor, "I'M SO BROKE I CAN'T EVEN DECLARE THAT I'M BANKRUPT!"
I'd rather live cuntfortably, hang my flowers, go HC and sauna then to stinge like a cow who's on barren land.

If you're entangled in this area, you may PM me this and we take it offline ya & FYI, did u know there are actually agents that helps you do the filing for BK...hehehehe
So no need to queue so much at the OA liao...hehehehe

colins
03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
略懂,略懂。

万事略懂一些,生活乐趣多一些。 :D

Ah....no wonder bro slider is always a happy man. I can only keep so much happiness with regular dosage of happy meals.

Like my ah mah always say, 带他出来 很麻烦的!;)

mike1304k
03-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Dear TS,

I was once like you, with the confidence that nothing can touch me and that everything was ok. In the end, I was almost made bankrupt 2 times. Summons served, door pasted. The thing is, I have learnt a few lessons from there and having worked in the finance sector, I also know a few of their methods.

1) Always be open to the banks. They can play hardball, but if you speak to them logically, (not the telephone person hor, go personally to the branch manager or someone of similar level). Tell them your situation and tell them that you do plan to pay the rest of the money owed. 5k is not much yet, but it will snowball and also other banks will wait. The moment one files, the rest will follow.
2) Set aside an aggressive payment policy in which you will pay more than 5% of your outstanding every month even without them asking. Once they call you, charges are already ready to be whacked at you.
3) STOP gmabling... please please please... gambling is the evil that will destroy families.

My dad helped me greatly for the first round, but he has passed... sometimes I think with a broken heart. So please do spare a thought for your family hor... For the second round, I spoke to the banks, they also do not want to bk you unless there is no further choice. Establish your payment schedules and stay on it.

Of course you will have to look for a job. Now young man.... at this time, any job also can... As long as it puts the food on the table and feeds your family. I did 2 jobs when I was trying get out of my last round. Day job gave me 3k plus and my night job which was helping a fren out, gave me another 1.5k. Now I always know how much I owe and to who. I calculate my monthly expenses to the cent. I still have over 30k worth in card, 200plus k in car and another 200k in home... So as you can see, I am in a deeper shit if I do anything wrong, the whole shit comes back again. So we always have to be careful.

slider_72
03-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Ah....no wonder bro slider is always a happy man. I can only keep so much happiness with regular dosage of happy meals.

Like my ah mah always say, 带他出来 很麻烦的!;)

All in the name of the pursuit of Happyness bro. :D

Chelsea SPA
03-03-2009, 07:47 PM
I did 2 jobs when I was trying get out of my last round. Day job gave me 3k plus and my night job which was helping a fren out, gave me another 1.5k. Now I always know how much I owe and to who. I calculate my monthly expenses to the cent. I still have over 30k worth in card, 200plus k in car and another 200k in home... So as you can see, I am in a deeper shit if I do anything wrong, the whole shit comes back again. So we always have to be careful.

Its hard to get a day job that can fetch 3k...

Bro, how do you owe 200k+ in car ? You buy ferrari ? :eek:

My current debts right now ... hmmm.

1) OCBC Car Loan - $200 per month / $20k (Already repossess)
2) Citibank - $200 per month / $5k
3) HDB - $600 per month / $100k
4) Ah long - $450 per week / $3k
5) Personal Loan consolidate - any exceess / $11k

Guess my debts are small compare to yours, but then you have a stable income of total $4.5k

While my job is commission based and have to see the market. My leg has recover quite well and can walk around. Heard Thursday @ Suntec got some career fair. Will definately make a trip down. Also read in the newspaper IR is recruiting this Thursday but never state where. But then I can't wait till IR to open ya ? Also have called up some job contacts that bros here recommend me.

Thanks all for your concern and advice. :)

mike1304k
04-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Bro, my last round was many years ago and I have since changed jobs... But then the thing was I was lucky to have been able to talk to the banks and get them to withdraw their warrants.

No need 3k lah... any job can liao lah bro..

Bro, how do you owe 200k+ in car ? You buy ferrari ?
You really do not want to know... and I still have another car in the workshop I have to pay an extra 900 a mth...:rolleyes:

1) OCBC Car Loan - $200 per month / $20k (Already repossess)Let it go and slowly pay it out.... no choice
2) Citibank - $200 per month / $5k Be very careful of these guys... they were the ones who tried to nail me the last time round.

Guess my debts are small compare to yours, but then you have a stable income of total $4.5k

While my job is commission based and have to see the market. My leg has recover quite well and can walk around. Heard Thursday @ Suntec got some career fair. Will definately make a trip down. Also read in the newspaper IR is recruiting this Thursday but never state where. But then I can't wait till IR to open ya ? Also have called up some job contacts that bros here recommend me.

Thanks all for your concern and advice. :)[/QUOTE]

glooper83
05-03-2009, 02:30 AM

Bro, how do you owe 200k+ in car ? You buy ferrari ? :eek:

Thanks all for your concern and advice. :)

Bro, i only read a few posts but my advice to you is, firstly to get a job first to get the income flowing in again.

After this is done, please go get some help from a credit specialist or something to help u work out a disciplined approach to repaying your loans.

Lastly, after all is cleared, please do not return to your bad habits.. All the bros here seem very supportive. Do not let us down, and your aging mother. If not for us, at least for her sake, give her something to enjoy in her golden years.

Cheers!

Schenker
05-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Bro Schenker, you pioneer or from BAX batch????hehehehe

I'm from Bax Global previously. ;)

Schenker
05-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Now, if you're self employed.....say i owe same banks, owe same amount, no CPF or IRAS...cash check everymonth and legally TERMED unemployed.........what will you do? Well, I'll ask them to sue me BK (short for bankrupt and not burger king hor) Why, cos i pay them with interest rolling...siow boh and for how long???? 3-5yrs and so on....no thanks

I'll live and spend like a king and screw them. Not only will i not self declare, i want them to declare me BK...cos i will say, solly hor, "I'M SO BROKE I CAN'T EVEN DECLARE THAT I'M BANKRUPT!"
I'd rather live cuntfortably, hang my flowers, go HC and sauna then to stinge like a cow who's on barren land.

If you're entangled in this area, you may PM me this and we take it offline ya & FYI, did u know there are actually agents that helps you do the filing for BK...hehehehe So no need to queue so much at the OA liao...hehehehe

Bro DO_YOU_BJ, I think you are the right guy!! And thanks for replying my queries. ;)

I agree with you that, even I have cash on-hand, the most I can negotiate is abt 20% discount off the lump sum owed. I rather "put it into other good use". :D And yes, I have afew frds who work as solicitors, they have also advise not to self-B first, and adapt see-and-wait tactics. Now the banks can't wait, but we can wait. :p

DO_YOU_BJ
05-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Bro DO_YOU_BJ, I think you are the right guy!! And thanks for replying my queries. ;)

I agree with you that, even I have cash on-hand, the most I can negotiate is abt 20% discount off the lump sum owed. I rather "put it into other good use". :D And yes, I have afew frds who work as solicitors, they have also advise not to self-B first, and adapt see-and-wait tactics. Now the banks can't wait, but we can wait. :p

No no my fren....banks are cautious now...very cautious....
They'll also adopt the wait n see attitude.....
Look at the current market trend.....debts are all time high
Inability to pay minimums are on the rise
If they keep on goin suing every mother son BK they'll eat shit
Yup, ur frens r rite, adopt the wait n c attitude and see what happens next!
As long as u have total clarity of how the sys works, work around it to your advantage!
In the meantime, CHEONG AH!!!!!!!!!!!!

slider_72
05-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Bro DYBJ is absolutely right. In times like these, for the legal debts, adopt a wait and see approach. I mean, what is the worst that the banks can do to you? Make you a bankrupt. You do not go to jail because you owe money. Another thing they can do is to get the licensed debt collectors to harass you everyday but your life and limb would not be threatened.

In the old days, when a guy owes money to others, the bailiff can come by and seize his wife and auction her off at the town square. The reason for this is because the wife is regarded as a chattel belonging to the husband. Unfortunately this is no longer practised. Otherwise there will be some people who may deliberately get into debt and refuse to pay.

Now for the ah longs, it is a different story. They can do more to you than the banks. My take is to pay off the ah longs as soon as possible but for money owed to the banks, you just play hide and seek for a while until the economy improves.

Schenker
05-03-2009, 01:04 PM
As long as u have total clarity of how the sys works, work around it to your advantage! In the meantime, CHEONG AH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro DO_YOU_BJ, you sound optimistic. I think you must have a sustainable savings, and some on-going "positive investment" running in background. If not, you won't be so confident. That's good!! ;)

Schenker
05-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Now for the ah longs, it is a different story. They can do more to you than the banks. My take is to pay off the ah longs as soon as possible but for money owed to the banks, you just play hide and seek for a while until the economy improves.

That's why I still think that you may be owing to banks, financial institutions and car loans... but never never borrow from Ah Long. If you start borrowing, you will never stop. Don't ever try to cover 10 water pails, if you only have 4 covers.

DO_YOU_BJ
05-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Bro DO_YOU_BJ, you sounds like a optimistic. I think you must have a sustainable savings, and some on-going "positive investment" running in background. If not, you won't be so confident. That's good!! ;)

No la bro...me simple man simple life
Got a biscuit tin under my bed wif my entire life savings of SGD20.00
All other wealth, if any, went up in smoke in HFJs liao hehehehehe

slider_72
05-03-2009, 03:23 PM

$20 in cash, plus the fixed deposit slips for $5 million, plus trust deed showing that you are the beneficiary of a BVI company holding $25 million in assets, plus the key to safe deposit box containing a couple of hundred kilos of gold bars, diamonds totalling 200 carats.

Did I miss out anything? :D

BKnight
05-03-2009, 03:31 PM
No la bro...me simple man simple life
All other wealth, if any, went up in smoke in HFJs liao hehehehehe

伯父嘉誠 and 美国佬彪哥 always said they are a simple man and simple life.:D

DO_YOU_BJ
05-03-2009, 03:48 PM
$20 in cash, plus the fixed deposit slips for $5 million, plus trust deed showing that you are the beneficiary of a BVI company holding $25 million in assets, plus the key to safe deposit box containing a couple of hundred kilos of gold bars, diamonds totalling 200 carats.

Did I miss out anything? :D

You sure did bro...you forgot to wake up from your dream bwahahahaha

Chelsea SPA
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Yah i have been adopting this wait and see delay tactics with the banks too. its like 2 or 3 years liao.

Right now I think my main problem is the unpaid hp bills and ah long. hp can pay half and delay. so i guess my real main concern is ah long.

Today went to the career fair, waste of my time. More like schools hiring students.

Can someone recommend me a job ? Any lobang bros ?

Pls do not recommend anything that requires payment first. eg. Financial Advisor (Need to pay and pass 3 exams) or MLM stuff.

Thanks a lot for all your concern.

glooper83
05-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Today went to the career fair, waste of my time. More like schools hiring students.

Pls do not recommend anything that requires payment first. eg. Financial Advisor (Need to pay and pass 3 exams) or MLM stuff.

I also went.. haha... It was.. really quite crappy seriously...

50% were education institutions and the remaining 50% were like neither here nor there. Could not really make out what specific company were hiring except the insurers. Mostly were like promoting a certain industry..

Property agent? heh

all e best bro

Chelsea SPA
05-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I also went.. haha... It was.. really quite crappy seriously...

50% were education institutions and the remaining 50% were like neither here nor there. Could not really make out what specific company were hiring except the insurers. Mostly were like promoting a certain industry..

Property agent? heh

all e best bro

more like 80% education and only 20% offering jobs. which 5% are the two IRs which will only start work in August or end of the year. Can't wait that long. the other 10% are all finiancial advisors.

Left another 5% are from Alexandra Health, MOE and Premas

anakinsextalker
05-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Yah i have been adopting this wait and see delay tactics with the banks too. its like 2 or 3 years liao.

Right now I think my main problem is the unpaid hp bills and ah long. hp can pay half and delay. so i guess my real main concern is ah long.

Go back do property. In times like this employers are picky.

BKnight
05-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Bro Chelsea SPA

I misunderstood you previously, I owe you an apology and I offer you this helpline:

This is a loan-shark victims support group which operates in the same vein as Alcoholics Anonymous. Started by Christian volunteer group One Hope Centre, you do not have to be Christians to attend or seek help.

Helpline : 6547 1011 (9am to 6pm)
Email : [email protected]
Fax : +65 6547 1011
Address: 12 New Industrial Road, #05-06 Morningstar Centre, Singapore 536202
Welcome to One Hope Centre (http://onehopecentre.org/)

All the best and hope it be of help to settle your Ah Long snowballing debts. Buy me a drink when you are all clear in few years time. :D

Chelsea SPA
05-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Bro Chelsea SPA

I misunderstood you previously, I owe you an apology and I offer you this helpline:

This is a loan-shark victims support group which operates in the same vein as Alcoholics Anonymous.

Its ok bro, glad that the misunderstanding is cleared. :)

Didn't know that there's such a support group. What exactly do they do ?

Will give them a call first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the contact.

BKnight
05-03-2009, 09:32 PM
As for your other current debts:

Talk to the bank credit department guy and work out a settle plan. Do not ignore them. Tell him honestly that you are jobless now and seeking for a job. Be sincere and show willingness to repay, the guy should be able to do some extension for you. If he acted tough, ask for his credit manager. If you defaulted on your loan, he also miss his target, there are rooms for negotiation. Dont worry. $200 +$200 = 400 a month is payable once you got a job. Go work as a security officer or some legal nite job. You must put your PRIDE away for now.

3) HDB - $600 per month / $100k - Do you still have CPF? Go talk to HDB and work out a plan

4) Ah long - $450 per week / $3k - Posted helpline above

5) Personal Loan consolidate - any exceess / $11k - This can wait.

BKnight
05-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Its ok bro, glad that the misunderstanding is cleared. :)

Didn't know that there's such a support group. What exactly do they do ?

Will give them a call first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the contact.

They should be able to help you in managing your debts. Go talk to them tomorrow. Dress as if you are going for a job interview. Be sincere and honest with them. (But Do not talk about the cheong KTV stuffs). Good luck. PM me and let me know after the meeting. :D

Chelsea SPA
05-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Talk to the bank credit department guy and work out a settle plan. Do not ignore them. Tell him honestly that you are jobless now and seeking for a job. Be sincere and show willingness to repay, the guy should be able to do some extension for you. If he acted tough, ask for his credit manager. If you defaulted on your loan, he also miss his target, there are rooms for negotiation. Dont worry. $200 +$200 = 400 a month is payable once you got a job. Go work as a security officer or some legal nite job. You must put your PRIDE away for now.

Yup, been doing that for years. Security I got worked before. 12 hours shift 6 days $1200. But that was before my court case. Now got criminal record, don't think I can enter security anymore cos need to go through CID screening.

Do you still have CPF? Go talk to HDB and work out a plan

Ever since left army, these 3 years no cpf, all already dried up. Left 0

Posted helpline above

Will call them tomorrow

This can wait.

They can wait how long ? Everyone is in need of $ now. I can feel that some of them had even give up on me returning ....

Chelsea SPA
06-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Sent out more resumes today. No one called. :(

Also called the One Hope Center. Was told to go down tomorrow to attend a ..... group gathering ... ??? :confused:

Has anyone approached One Hope before ? How do they help you in the Ah Long, gambling and debt matters ? Their website looks impressive though.

DO_YOU_BJ
06-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Just go and experience it and who knows, you may be the guiding lite to those who stray into your path in the future.

BKnight
06-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I understand they have helped many people in managing their debts, which is why I think it should be able to help you. Just go and attend the meeting tomorrow and let me know the outcome. :D

glooper83
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Sent out more resumes today. No one called. :(

Also called the One Hope Center. Was told to go down tomorrow to attend a ..... group gathering ... ??? :confused:

Has anyone approached One Hope before ? How do they help you in the Ah Long, gambling and debt matters ? Their website looks impressive though.

i sent out 40+ resumes last year, attended 5+ interviews still ended up with nothing. Sometimes after i went to the interviews, i was thinking that the companies were just trying to put up a show as thou they were still hiring. really frustrating period i must say but hang on in there!

Chelsea SPA
06-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I read somewhere that if the banks close down, we will lose all our savings also ... But then if citibank close down, my debts still stand ??? :confused:

i sent out 40+ resumes last year, attended 5+ interviews still ended up with nothing. Sometimes after i went to the interviews, i was thinking that the companies were just trying to put up a show as thou they were still hiring. really frustrating period i must say but hang on in there!

That's very ..... discouraging to hear...

anakinsextalker
06-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I read somewhere that if the banks close down, we will lose all our savings also ... But then if citibank close down, my debts still stand ??? :confused:

Don't even think about it. Deposits are fully guaranteed now in Singapore under MAS guidelines. As for debts, even if a a bank goes down, the will have external creditors.

for example if citibank owes deutsche bank, then Deutsche Bank will come after you to get their money back.

glooper83
06-03-2009, 11:24 PM

Opps... so sorry to let u know abt it... But i always like to see things in a different perspective and see how it may have been a blessing in disguise. I am not sure how u may do it in your case but for me, if everything went smoothly i would have gotten a job as an engineer working for the sake of a paycheck. This is not wrong, but for me, i had been thinking of trying out an alternative career but did not know whether to do it until the downturn.

All i can do is really to pray now.. sometimes it helps if you believe.

Panamera
06-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Bro, at this juncture, get a job for sake of paycheck, not wait for a job you love to do...You must have a "Ride a cow while looking for a horse" attitude.....Good luck! Dont worry, one can only fall to a certain depth bottom and you are up again...this is why life is so wonderful!
有了明天的人,就沒有眼淚,那怕今天受盡了痛苦與災難:D

John_Lloyd
08-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Oh my god.. I just chanced upon this thread out of curiousity, and I realised this is exactly what I am going through recently. I am very disappointed with myself and I also ever thought of robbing and even killing myself. Its really hard especially when you have no one to talk to. I believe you can get thru it. For me, what I did was go thru things a day at a time. In fact, at this current moment, im paying my credit cards in installments. I am staying in a rented apartment after moving out from my house because of frequent quarrels with my family because of money. And my rental is overdue 2 months already. But still, I just carry on doing whatever I can.

All you need to do is remain positive. Whatever happens, you're still alive. I even thought that if I go to prison for anything, it does not mean your life ends there. What I mean is, whatever happens to you, as long as you're alive, you will get thru it, slowly but surely. I am walking with you bro..

sammyboyfor
08-03-2009, 01:44 AM
I also ever thought of robbing and even killing myself. .

How would you go about "robbing" yourself??:confused: Please elaborate...

Chelsea SPA
08-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Went to the One Hope yesterday.

Was a 3 hours session. Or should i say karaoke and story telling session.

The first hour was spent singing songs and the pastor introduction.

The second hour was story telling by all the newbies.

The third hour was story telling by the "middlebies" and the "oldies".

In the end, moral of the session is "believe in God and your problem will be solved" "Give all your problems to Jesus and he will help you"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chelsea SPA
08-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Oh my god.. I just chanced upon this thread out of curiousity, and I realised this is exactly what I am going through recently. I am very disappointed with myself and I also ever thought of robbing and even killing myself.

I am sure there are many more out there.

Chelsea SPA
08-03-2009, 10:44 AM
retrain to be a prop consultant again
be a hawker
be a security guard
join singapore pools as a bet cashier

Why people still ask me be security guard when i have a record ?

To be a security officer nowadays, you have to go through CID screening which cost $16 ! I will never pass that.

All bet cashier at Singapore pools are female

mike1304k
08-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Bro,

I guess that these are all just suggestions lah. But truthfully hor, I believe that even if you have a record, it should not stop you from trying. The Yellow Ribbon Project means to try to assimilate all offenders, be they from prison or those who just have a record. It may be harder to find a job and in this bad times, may even be harder. But if you really really are willing, somehow somewhere, there will be someone who will believe in you enough to give you the chance you want. You must believe in yourself, and also just take whatever comes. I truly wish you luck bro.

DO_YOU_BJ
08-03-2009, 02:02 PM
In the end, moral of the session is "believe in God and your problem will be solved" "Give all your problems to Jesus and he will help you"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hahahaha typical christian bullshit!
God helps those who helps themselves.
Sorry, i declare i'm roman catholic & i always laugh my bolls out when i hear them preach that....damn.....wat a load of bull...but believe you me, there a those who actually believe in that!
Dude, you need no spiritual guidance now...you just need a plan.....
All the tools you need are actually already posted...it's now how you gonna devise a plan to fix your probs that's all.
1) Resolve Ah Long
2) Resolve banks or like all the tips posted
3) Find a job, any job.......

ptgary
08-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Bro Chelsea SPA, maybe you could consider being a male FL? :D

Chelsea SPA
08-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Bro Chelsea SPA, maybe you could consider being a male FL? :D

Nice joke.

Next better player please

BKnight
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Walau! Bro, I will go smack my PA ass tomorrow..She told me that this group has helped many people to settle their money problems. This doesn’t telly. Think you should call them again and tell them what you want from them? If they jio you to sing song again, then fark it....Believe is good but action more practical....Another Spiritual MLM :(:rolleyes::mad: Sad..sad…..

DO_YOU_BJ
08-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Go here for money woes:
http://www.ccs.org.sg/
Singapore first & only credit debt consolidation/debt management services with TrustSG accreditation. ( 6000+) satisfied clients on an ongoing basis. - Home (http://www.debtfreelife.biz)

Chelsea SPA
08-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Walau! Bro, I will go smack my PA ass tomorrow..She told me that this group has helped many people to settle their money problems. This doesn’t telly. Think you should call them again and tell them what you want from them? If they jio you to sing song again, then fark it....Believe is good but action more practical....Another Spiritual MLM Sad..sad…..

Can i help you smack her ass ? :D

Nevermind lah, tomorrow is the ah long deadline .... dunno how ....

Why do recession happens when I am in the middle of a ah long loan ? Of all times, it has to happens now. :(

BS KTV
09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Can i help you smack her ass ? :D

Nevermind lah, tomorrow is the ah long deadline .... dunno how ....

Why do recession happens when I am in the middle of a ah long loan ? Of all times, it has to happens now. :(

You can get a loan from slider 72 or colins. Both of them are well-off to feed the PRC WL & pity them so they should have not problem helping a fellow Singaporean like you ;)

Chelsea SPA
09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Finally someone called me up for an interview tomorrow :)

colins
09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
bro chelsea spa, all the way man, wish you luck. Remember to appear positive.

bro bknight, beware she sue you for sexual harrassment. But if it is a HE, way to go man.

bro DYBJ, yes in fact that a solution. Matter of time only, either you die waiting (problem solved) or you give all your problems away till everybody buay tahan then come and put a knife into you (still problem solved).

BKnight
09-03-2009, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=colins;3543845] bro bknight, beware she sue you for sexual harrassment. But if it is a HE, way to go man.

I smacked her young perky ass with loving, tender strength...:D

colins
09-03-2009, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=colins;3543845] bro bknight, beware she sue you for sexual harrassment. But if it is a HE, way to go man.

I smacked her young perky ass with loving, tender strength...:D

I hope her grandson won't come and charge you for being tender to old folks.;)

BKnight
09-03-2009, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=BKnight;3543860]

I hope her grandson won't come and charge you for being tender to old folks.;)

Bro, Young P.A, by the time she has grandson....I might be the grandfather...hehehehe

colins
09-03-2009, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=colins;3543892]

Bro, Young P.A, by the time she has grandson....I might be the grandfather...hehehehe

Hahaha...the only possibility is that you've got sperm still stuck on your hands when you smack her ass. Just kidding bro...hehehe ;)

BKnight
09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
hmm..must be wondering what i did before i smacked her this morning....:D
Anyway all the best to bro chelsea interview..hope you got it and work under a chio lady boss or a MILF hehehe..

Chelsea SPA
16-03-2009, 10:56 PM
bro chelsea spa, all the way man, wish you luck. Remember to appear positive.

Its has been one week, manage to get a last min loan from my friend to pay the loan sharks.

And no one call me up for any job interviews even though i sent out so many resumes !!!

Today is the dealine again, I really don;t know what to do ....

lcbguy
16-03-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't know how many rooms type of flat you are living now with yr mum.Perhaps u may consider subletting one bedroom to a good tenant at least u can have $400 to $ 500 for yr daily expenses, medical fees etc ?! Just my 2-cent proposal.

ptgary
16-03-2009, 11:38 PM
bro, have you considered giving tuition? nowadays there are agencies that can recommend you clients. for your ability i'm sure you can at least teach primary school kids?

Chelsea SPA
17-03-2009, 12:39 AM
I don't know how many rooms type of flat you are living now with yr mum.Perhaps u may consider subletting one bedroom to a good tenant at least u can have $400 to $ 500 for yr daily expenses, medical fees etc ?! Just my 2-cent proposal.

Already rented out one room. $500

To a good Malaysian female tenant.

This is also another reason why I am so concern about loan sharks coming up. May scare her off. :(

ilovelife.now
17-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Well, in our village there's a proverb - if you find yourself in a deep pit, stop digging.

Glad you realized it.. may be I am wrong but the two ways about money is live below the means or expand income. You can always take up a job.. some jobs which I can immediately recommend:

1. You have an ITE diploma and good experience in SAF{I suppose?}. How about looking up instructor openings in private flight schools - both within/ outside singapore[Malaysia? Indo?]

2. ASK your mother to stop working. NOW. 52 is not in the correct age to be stressed at work about overspent kid.

3. Can't you take loan from relatives/ friends? Not even one?

4. Talk to the loan sharks whoever it is - and tell that you WILL pay - but albeit slowly. Renegotiate the terms if possible and show them clearly that they will not get anything by threatening your sources of income.

BTW - you are still talking about KTV. I guess you are not serious about that?

Chelsea SPA
22-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Really hard to find job nowadays.

I can't wait any longer. The creditors are all pressing me.

Leave me no choice but to go against the law.

I have been surviving on bread for the last few days.

I don't know who will be the unfortunate victim but will say sorry now to whoever he/she is. I need money urgently. My deepest regret. Society has force me to do this. It's do or die tomorrow.

lacoruna69
22-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't know who will be the unfortunate victim but will say sorry now to whoever he/she is. I need money urgently. My deepest regret. Society has force me to do this. It's do or die tomorrow.

Hi, I came across this thread just today. After reading your message, you should have realized you brought all this shit upon yourself due to your frivolous nature in handling $. Luckily you have self-realization.
You started this thread quite some time ago and I'm surprised your $ problem had not been solved. The question I want to ask is, have you seriously TRY VERY HARD to solve your problem?

You are going to rob someone? If you feel this is the only way to solve your problem, I have nothing to say. But please choose your victim carefully. I hope you won't target those old and helpless folks. KARMA.

BKnight
22-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Hmm................What to post.?.?.?

Errr.....don't bother anymore liao...:(

Chelsea SPA
22-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi, I came across this thread just today. After reading your message, you should have realized you brought all this shit upon yourself due to your frivolous nature in handling $. Luckily you have self-realization.
You started this thread quite some time ago and I'm surprised your $ problem had not been solved. The question I want to ask is, have you seriously TRY VERY HARD to solve your problem?

You are going to rob someone? If you feel this is the only way to solve your problem, I have nothing to say. But please choose your victim carefully. I hope you won't target those old and helpless folks. KARMA.

I had tried applying for many jobs but no one call me for interviews.

Property market wise, cannot close any deals as tenants have low budget and the landlords are still stubborn asking for high rentals !!!

I am at my wits end, bro.

DO_YOU_BJ
22-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Actually no one is pressing you.
U mentioned the creditors are pressing you.
Think its u yourself pressing yourself to the point of no return.
Remember what i tot you before, its all psychological warfare and looks like their pressure is working on you.
Well, boll is in your court, you can choose your mind to solve your life issues or just say I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE like the many other "ORDINARY" people around us.
Your life, your call.

Panamera
22-03-2009, 09:43 PM
I have been following this thread since day 1, I tot you have waken-up and be a good fellow..but....

Sure..Blaming society instead of self is SO EASY..You might say, "But I have been discriminated against because of my past and low education, and hurt!" Who hasn't? Sometimes, the word "hurt" is a euphemism for "mad." Ok, you're angry. You can express that anger in constructive activity and help yourself, or you can express that anger in destructive activity and hurt others and yourself. You can choose to work harder Or you can let that anger turn to hatred and bitterness and destroy your inner being.

If remaining a victim of circumstances is a state of being that you've choosen, a choice that [1] allows you to blame other people [2] lets you blame circumstances [3] permits you to avoid responsibility for your lives [4] encourages you to feel sorry for yourselves, and [5] guarantees that you will stay victims.

If it is your malingerer's way of diverting attention away from your own faults and justifying your laziness and go against the law

If you want to hold on to bitterness, to enjoy your hatred, to seek revenge on society

Then go on and be stupid and ruin your life! Blaming self for one's unemployment, poverty or lack of opportunity requires Uncommon Courage.

Panamera
22-03-2009, 10:04 PM
1. You have an ITE diploma and good experience in SAF{I suppose?}. How about looking up instructor openings in private flight schools - both within/ outside singapore[Malaysia? Indo?]
Bro, I know you are not a Singaporean..SAF is Singapre Armed Forces, Not, Singapore Air Force..

3. Can't you take loan from relatives/ friends? Not even one? - Please read all the posting

4. Talk to the loan sharks whoever it is - and tell that you WILL pay - but albeit slowly. Renegotiate the terms if possible and show them clearly that they will not get anything by threatening your sources of income - Bro, in this case, Next round of North and South Korea meeting, I send you there to talk to Ah Kim uncle, ok?

Tomorrow school starting liao,,please go study hard and be a pilot..

Chelsea SPA
22-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Actually no one is pressing you.
U mentioned the creditors are pressing you.
Think its u yourself pressing yourself to the point of no return.
Remember what i tot you before, its all psychological warfare and looks like their pressure is working on you.

If remaining a victim of circumstances is a state of being that you've choosen, a choice that [1] allows you to blame other people [2] lets you blame circumstances [3] permits you to avoid responsibility for your lives [4] encourages you to feel sorry for yourselves, and [5] guarantees that you will stay victims.

If it is your malingerer's way of diverting attention away from your own faults and justifying your laziness and go against the law

If you want to hold on to bitterness, to enjoy your hatred, to seek revenge on society

Sigh ...

Guess you both are right. But ... I will see how it goes tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a better day ... sigh ...

DO_YOU_BJ
22-03-2009, 11:31 PM
If you switch off your mind just for a while and read to heart what I had advised you earlier on on what to do, I'm positive you'll have a smile on your face.
Self pity will not solve or fill up holes, it'll just make it deeper.
Tell me honestly, what have you done so far?
It's an employers market with so many people out of jobs and also like you, looking for a job...so that answers your chances of laying a job.
Have you spoken to the Loan Shark? Just three thousand plus u mean u cant even get a loan from friends or relatives?????
Face value later, sometime we stand tall, but there're also times we have no choice but to bow........
As for the banks, i already spelled out the options to you very clearly, so, this cannot and shud not even be a factor liao.

Thus your posts illustrates major self pity & that you've done your utmost best, and honestly, by reading your post, we both know how much you've actually done or just sit there and sob sob........
If you dun want to be a baby and always wanting to cuddle up to your mum's breast, and like you said, dun wan to let her suffer etc etc, then do the rite thing........
At the end of the day, you wanna do anything to yourself, hey by all means go ahead.
But if some innocent person get dragged in, then you do deserve to suffer.
Think how you'll feel if one day your kid is like you??????????
In times of difficulty just beat chest KPKB but do nottin.........

Do the rite thing...we fall, but we must learn to fall gracefully but climb up elegantly and proudly!

lacoruna69
23-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Yes, settle the Loan sharks issue first. The rest can be worked out. Have you tried contacting One Hope again?
Bro Chelsea, you can robbed someone, but have you thought about the victim's plight? Maybe he/she needs the $ more than you. If you get caught, serving jail might solve your problem temporary. But you are passing the bucket of shit to your old mother. You are committing 2 counts of KARMA like that.

I know market are tough, but there are still jobs out there. Attitude in interviews are also important. No one will hire you if you put on an attitude and shows no interest in the job. Someone pointed out we like to dress casually for Career Fairs, wearing t-shirts, bermudas and slippers. Doesn't that sounds alarming??

colins
23-03-2009, 12:21 AM
There were jobs you've taken and there are jobs up for taking now. They are from 2 different categories and in 2 very different times. If I start sending out applications for a banker position and ask for the same pay I used to draw, if you are the employer HR, will you call me?

There are jobs paying 35 bucks a day, even now. Pay is little becos work is manual. As a rule, the more brain power you're required to use, the more pay you can ask. Yes you can do the sums, it'll probably take you ages to pay off debts. But think of it this way, if you continue to stay home, threatened by loan sharks and bank in your own small little world surrounded by 4 walls, you will get nowhere other than acts of desparation. 99% of the criminals do not want to commit crimes in the first place, if you got money why must you rob or steal?

And of cos, there are many of us who ask why WL become WL. Easy money. Why is it hard to turn them around? Easy money mindset. Who are the other people suffering from such mindset? Compulsive gamblers for one and almost everybody in vice and illegimate trade. Go to your CDC and you will find many jobs Singaporeans are still unwilling to take.

Put both feet firmly on the ground. That is the hardest thing anybody with an easy money mindset can do. At least, like what Bro DYBJ said, for ORDINARY people. ;)

Panamera
23-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Go back to One hope recommanded by Bro Bknight...You wont want him to smack his P.A. ass for nothing :D

Think he's kinda disappointed with your "going to go against the law" mindset...

Btw, for you, there's no easy way out, you gotto do the hard way..be realistic and grab any available job..Economy is gonna to be from bad to worst..

If you think you are worst of now because you have no shoes, think about people with no legs.

KARMA - THINK ABOUT THE CAUSE AND EFFECT IF YOU WANT TO DO BAD THINGS!

Santaclaws
23-03-2009, 01:32 AM
go ahead and commit robbery and spent the next 7 years regretting your actions in a jail cell, and what happens after your release ? Back to square one. Or u can commit suicide and break your mum's heart.

Nothing is worse than death, whatever hardships u have to endure now, it will be fully resolved at some point in your future. Stop entertaining those thoughts on using crime to solve your problem, granted you might get lucky once or twice, but the mental anguish and fear on the police knocking on your door 1 fine day is worse.

U are a singaporean, i bet every person in this clip below would kill to be in your shoes.
YouTube - Cholera Country - Zimbabwe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-bTrRF-E0)

Take care, and God bless ..

~sweetiebaby91~
23-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you,

they're supposed to help you discover who you are.

Life is like riding a bicycle.

To keep your balance you must keep moving,

The hardest thing in life is to know

which bridge to cross and which to burn..

BoLiang
23-03-2009, 08:50 AM
about the ah long part, what bro BJ said is quite correct la..so long as you go talk to them and is serious & sincere about repaying, they will work out a plan for you. At least my friend did, he repaid 60k+ in 5 years (including all those paid earlier). Impt thing is to talk to them to STOP THE INTEREST. Not advisable to threaten them but this is what my friend did, he approach them, told them that he is dead broke if the interest continues to roll and he will jump cause he can never repay in full. So the ah long did a repayment plan for him to pay 500 back per month. Miss 1 payment then the last payment treat as void.

It is a long way back from hell but at least it is a way. So I think you should stop yourself from sliding deeper into hell first. At least stop the slide and try to work upwards now.

Chelsea SPA
23-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Bros, now i am really in a dilemma (Sorry can't spell)

I was offered a waiter job. 3pm to 3am. $1200. 6 days.

The thing is, if i accept this job, how can I pay off my debts and ah long every week ?? And somemore 3pm to 3am means that I had to totally abandon my property line. (As viewing time is normally 5pm to 10pm)

Should I accept this job ?
Or should i continue my property and hope for the best ?
Or should i continue to look for a 8-5 job and do property in the evening ?

lacoruna69
23-03-2009, 08:47 PM
I was offered a waiter job. 3pm to 3am. $1200. 6 days.

You should know what to do. :)

Now is not the time to hiam. Take it and work hard. $ don't drop from the sky. You have to EARN it just like most of us here.

Alkano
23-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Should I accept this job ?
Or should i continue my property and hope for the best ?
Or should i continue to look for a 8-5 job and do property in the evening ?

U got to be jokin......
Are you asking us what to do next?
Mate, take the job...Got job better than no job.
At least u got some income.....

colins
24-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Well of cos property is better, you spend much less time, get much more. But bro, in your current state are you up to it? Along the way, when you need money to take bus and rush around and you suddenly run dry, who give you that dollar? Hope for the best...if you eat and shit hope, then go ahead.

You're the 99% who feels its never worth the effort to work for a pay. If I am you, I will take up this job and spend my mornings applying and interviewing and 9-5 job. The interim period is toughest and you can survive it provided you are prepared to work hardest. Get a 9-5 job then you can continue to hope to be a good property agent. Of cos you want to sleep the mornings thru, let me tell you, EVERYONE does. Tired what, right? Think about it, and I am asking you this question back, how can you pay back your debts thinking what you're thinking? Got a job still asking want to take or not? You got slush fund stashed in switzerland is it?

When I was left with 1.2SGD in the middle of Shanghai and survived for a week with RMB coins, one morning I woke up and thought to myself. If the world wants me dead, they better kill me now. Dun ever let me have a chance to stand up again. Cos when I do that I'll make sure nobody can bring me to this state again.

Panamera
24-03-2009, 08:10 AM
If the world wants me dead, they better kill me now. Dun ever let me have a chance to stand up again. Cos when I do that I'll make sure nobody can bring me to this state again.

I already exclusive memeber of this "Not Anymore but Stronger" club long time ago...:D

lacoruna69
25-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Hmmm.....never hear from Bro Chelsea.....he took the job already?

Panamera
25-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Hope so, he take up the job.

Market is getting from bad to worse.

Chelsea SPA
26-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Thanks for all concern.

I have decided to work part time instead. 9pm to 3am.
The pay may not be much. One day around $30.

At least in the afternoon/evening I can do my property and hopefully close some deals.

This is a new KTV at a very ulu ulu place. Got Vietnam and China girls i think.
I go work a few days see the place fun or not. If ok may invite those bros that have contribute to this thread to support support.

Cheers.

colins
26-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Good for you bro. ;)
Ulu ulu place? I guess fun enough just by getting there.

Panamera
26-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for all concern.

I have decided to work part time instead. 9pm to 3am.
The pay may not be much. One day around $30.

At least in the afternoon/evening I can do my property and hopefully close some deals.

This is a new KTV at a very ulu ulu place. Got Vietnam and China girls i think.
I go work a few days see the place fun or not. If ok may invite those bros that have contribute to this thread to support support.

Cheers.

Hi Bro Chelsea, take 1 more daytime job, then you be able to obtain the "number$" to work on your debts. 1st and foremost, the Ah Long side - you can start to negotiate, working on 2 jobs to service a weekly I/R is a means to no end insight.

1 more thing: Knowing old habits sure hard to die, keep your eyes on the rooms, Halls and Customers ONLY, control your small head when chancing upon the Viet and PRC WLs...its tempting at times...leave this for the bros here for the time mean....but please update on your work and gems (if any) there!!! hehe

screwing
03-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Dear bro Chelsea,

If you are keen on taking part-time job, I suggest you get a taxi vocational license and work as a part-time taxi driver.
At least, the paid is higher than working as a waiter. And also, the good thing is, working time is flexible and you can have cash in hand..

hope this help..

cheers....

Phuture
03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Dear Bro Chelsea,

No matter what, dont think of turning to crime. Cos it'll just mean a downhill spiral from then on. Wish you all the best.

Chelsea SPA
04-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Dear bro Chelsea,

If you are keen on taking part-time job, I suggest you get a taxi vocational license and work as a part-time taxi driver.

hope this help..

cheers....

i did think of this and had done my research. but first need to pay $45 to register which will take about 4 - 8 weeks. then pay $250 for the course which will take another 4 - 8 weeks.

and also i got record, may not be able to register.

Chelsea SPA
04-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Legal question : In the interview form, there is a question "Have you ever been convicted in court ?"

Is just a fine = convicted in court ?

or convicted in court means going to jail ?

If for example i was fined $200 in court for traffic offences, am I also = convicted in court ?

Panamera
04-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Legal question : In the interview form, there is a question "Have you ever been convicted in court ?"

What type of job you are applying?

Chelsea SPA
04-04-2009, 01:10 PM
What type of job you are applying?

it doesnt matter right ? cos most of the job interview form got this question.

So i was wondering if I should put yes or no.

Fine only = convicted in court ?

lacoruna69
04-04-2009, 03:40 PM
it doesn't matter right ? cos most of the job interview form got this question.
So i was wondering if I should put yes or no.
Fine only = convicted in court ?

Yes, it matters.
PM me.