PDA

View Full Version : Marrying Ur Tirak in Singapore ?

eVox
12-12-2002, 02:40 AM
Hi brothers,

Just curious... I DO know that a lot of pple has mentioned that it is not possible to ROM ur Thai tii-tak (i.e. an ex-prostitute) in Singapore and that she cannot exceed the 14 days social visit.

But strangely enough, I have seen so many OKTs marrying ex-pros, get them to stay in Singapore on a long term basis and even have kids together in Singapore.

Heard that all these are possible if u marry her in Thailand and she eventually gets pregnant. Just wandering if it is true, or is there no than meets the eye OR has the law changed to forbid it ?

Pls contribute... thanks !

TheUnforgiven
12-12-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by eVox
Thai tii-tak (i.e. an ex-prostitute)

tirak means "darling" in thai, not thai pro. no offense meant here, but pls get ur facts correct, thanks. as for your questions, no idea.

smrt512
12-12-2002, 03:12 AM
It all depends on if she has got a work permit to work in SIngapore or not. If she has and the permit is to work in the red light area then the chances are basically zero to get PR in Singapore. But if she is here on social visit pass then she will stand a higher chance. But it also must depend on the girl background as well (ie education, level of support for herself etc).

eVox
12-12-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by TheUnforgiven
tirak means "darling" in thai, not thai pro. no offense meant here, but pls get ur facts correct, thanks. as for your questions, no idea.

Thanks.... i m quite sure i have my facts right. The words in bracket suggests that I am referring my darling as a pro in case u misunderstood.

Aiyah, why u pple like to point out all these minor things har ? :D

eVox
12-12-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by smrt512
It all depends on if she has got a work permit to work in SIngapore or not. If she has and the permit is to work in the red light area then the chances are basically zero to get PR in Singapore. But if she is here on social visit pass then she will stand a higher chance. But it also must depend on the girl background as well (ie education, level of support for herself etc).

I am quite sure ALL gals who work in legal whorehouses have work permit stating they're working in Geylang right ? But a couple of the OKTs' wives are previously working in these houses... which really puzzles me. Correct me if i m wrong.

TheUnforgiven
12-12-2002, 03:37 AM
Thanks.... i m quite sure i have my facts right. The words in bracket suggests that I am referring my darling as a pro in case u misunderstood.

Aiyah, why u pple like to point out all these minor things har ? :D

not really pointing out minor details. but the way u phrase it is as if tirak=thai pro. ppl in thailand call each other tirak all the time, that's not a very nice thought is it? :) just a friendly correction, like i said no offense intended.

As for your question, I might have an answer. You can buy a new name and identity for youself in Thailand if you have enough money. That could be the easy passage and entry into singapore.

eVox
12-12-2002, 03:42 AM

As for your question, I might have an answer. You can buy a new name and identity for youself in Thailand if you have enough money. That could be the easy passage and entry into singapore.

But you cannot change their fingerprints... If we are thinking of getting them to stay on a long term basis... wouldn't it be too risky ? If caught, sure kena expel and don't ever think of coming back to Singapore.

smrt512
12-12-2002, 03:43 AM
There are some that come in to Singapore on social visit pass and work at GL. But these gals are not legal lah. Maybe if from what you say is true like the OKT marrying the pros, then I think that they are not using their real identity. Like going back to Thailand to change name and become a new person then they will have a new record here.

meatlover
12-12-2002, 05:16 AM
not really pointing out minor details. but the way u phrase it is as if tirak=thai pro. ppl in thailand call each other tirak all the time, that's not a very nice thought is it? :) just a friendly correction, like i said no offense intended.

Hanor! the term tirak = darling in Thai in a very warm way.

Bro, Walau, I'm still on the phone at this hour. Guess tomorrow you'll see one big panda liao.

Cuntalk
12-12-2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by meatlover
Hanor! the term tirak = darling in Thai in a very warm way.

Bro, Walau, I'm still on the phone at this hour. Guess tomorrow you'll see one big panda liao.

this early hour u toking to who?u proposing to ur tirak?:D

eVox
12-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Paisey... just another thought...

If we are to get married in Thailand and she wishes to apply for Singapore PR, does it means that she will also be turn down flat due to her past (i.e. a prostitute). Or it can also be decided by other factors ?

Any idea who or which authority to contact for clarifications... i am getting extremely confused. :confused:

kanalan
12-12-2002, 06:55 PM
contact SIR but i doubt they will give u a satisfactory answer. U can try marry her in thailand and get ur cert translated to english, then use it to help extend her stay here, but then its still up to SIR discreation whether they allow to extend it or not. But then u want to marry her in thailand also not easy, alot of paperwork to do.

boopy
12-12-2002, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eVox
[B]

Apparently, it mucks up the moral quality of the society. There are around 35 Thai houses, each has say 9 gals. Agar agar lar. 35 times 9 is 315. Lets say they work for 1 year contract. 20 years equals 7300. Lots of them around yea? They are sweet little things who are very able to capture a man's heart as well as organ. Look at the number of people her who have tiraks and who have attempted or thought of marriage before, even multiple times. Most of them don't like BKK men, Chiang Mai and other cities are ok but they for 1 reason or another still don't like. Needless to say, if given a choice, a rich SG man would be nice.

To get PR and later citizenship status in SG is not easy. I know of a Myanmmar national who really looks and speaks Chinese/English/Singlish well, studied here since 14. Has been working in the local telco for 2 years, good paying...3K. Citizenship turned down for the second time. My HK colleague got it just after 3 years and he doesn't need to do NS. Don't ask me about the difference, i don't know. The same thing goes for local gals marrying foreign guys (those who are not working here) and local guys marrying foreign gals. No set rule. Now, some Chiang Mai gals start working in massage parlours at single-digit ages. Hope you get the idea.

Singapore is very much based on meritocracy. Govt is still not open to the idea of infusing a prostitute's "mindset" and "blood" into the local society. Thai expats anyone?

http://www.gov.sg/mha/sir/contact_us/index.html

Angry
12-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Paisey... just another thought...

If we are to get married in Thailand and she wishes to apply for Singapore PR, does it means that she will also be turn down flat due to her past (i.e. a prostitute). Or it can also be decided by other factors ?

Any idea who or which authority to contact for clarifications... i am getting extremely confused. :confused:

Hi,

If she got a work permit here before...advice not to marry overseas or else she will banned from cumming in. What I mean is if the SIR found out.

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Angry
Hi,

If she got a work permit here before...advice not to marry overseas or else she will banned from cumming in. What I mean is if the SIR found out.

Correction.

If she got a work permit before or yellow card pass(even more difficult), you cannot marry her in singapore. But you can marry her in Thailand. But when come customs, pls do not declare she is your wife etc in thailand, this might caused her to be banned.

Actually the main points to take note if you guya want to challenge SIR.

1. You must have lots of money and declare your income tax. At least 3 years of credible income. (the term credible must be alot)

2. DO not marry in singapore first. Try in thailand, and make sure can be translated in english.

3. Wait for few years and give birth to a baby. Preferably a boy.

4. Then bring the boy back singapore, say your son etc. Show birth cert and make him a singaporean. Then once approved, do the same for your wife. This route is much easier.

But I don't guarantee. I just say this route makes it easier.

hahaha
SC

TheUnforgiven
13-12-2002, 12:32 AM
Honestly, why marry her in singapore? Why not go thailand and marry her and stay there? bro SC, is it difficult for a foreigner to get a thailand citizenship? do you know the proper procedures?

eVox
13-12-2002, 12:39 AM
To SC n fellow brothers,

Thanks for the useful advices. As for credible income... how much is enough ? I am earning about 10k per month... is it still not enough ?

Think this time I am really asking for trouble. Looks like it takes years b4 even having a slim chance for her to become a PR. Wonder how to do all the explaining to my parents ? Haizzzzzz. :(

eVox
13-12-2002, 12:40 AM
Brother SC,

Any successful cases so far ?

Regards.

Originally posted by siamcutey
Correction.

If she got a work permit before or yellow card pass(even more difficult), you cannot marry her in singapore. But you can marry her in Thailand. But when come customs, pls do not declare she is your wife etc in thailand, this might caused her to be banned.

Actually the main points to take note if you guya want to challenge SIR.

1. You must have lots of money and declare your income tax. At least 3 years of credible income. (the term credible must be alot)

2. DO not marry in singapore first. Try in thailand, and make sure can be translated in english.

3. Wait for few years and give birth to a baby. Preferably a boy.

4. Then bring the boy back singapore, say your son etc. Show birth cert and make him a singaporean. Then once approved, do the same for your wife. This route is much easier.

But I don't guarantee. I just say this route makes it easier.

hahaha
SC

eVox
13-12-2002, 12:42 AM
Honestly, why marry her in singapore? Why not go thailand and marry her and stay there? bro SC, is it difficult for a foreigner to get a thailand citizenship? do you know the proper procedures?

It does come across my mind. She has to take care of her parents back in Thailand but I have to look after my parents in Singapore too. If not, there wouldn't be so much problems.

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 12:46 AM

Yes, it is difficult for a poor foreigner to get a thailand citizenship. In no matter which country we go to, if we want their citizenship, we must always have money, and the money we are talking about here is the more the merrier.
Marrying a thai girl only gets you a PR. A PR is virtually nothing. Just makes it easy for you to stay BKK longer.

Proper procedures? I didn't bother nowadays cos after staying here, I no longer think of getting a thai citizenship. No offence to thai people but you compare a thai citizenship and a singaporean citizenship, which is better? A thai citizenship gets you only 14 days visa in many countries. A singaporean citizenship can get you up to 1 month in many countries.

Actually think of marrying a thai girl in her country is better than marrying her here in singapore. Some thai girls have husbands in thailand while working here in singapore. So to know whether they are married and sincerely loves you, get the marriage cert in thailand. Once married, even to a foreigner, they cannot marryu another man in thailand as they have her records.
Under the eyes of Singapore Law, you will still be considered Single and Available.

So, give yourself some time to stay in BKK and you will understand why.

SC

eVox
13-12-2002, 12:52 AM
Brother SC,

Not very clear about the citizenship thingy. Does it mean that by having the Thai citizenship, u have to give up the Singapore citizenship ?

If I was to remain a PR, can i start businesses under my own account ? Can I have a bank account there etc etc ?

Pls give me some guidelines abt the possible routes of survival there... thanks !

Yes, it is difficult for a poor foreigner to get a thailand citizenship. In no matter which country we go to, if we want their citizenship, we must always have money, and the money we are talking about here is the more the merrier.
Marrying a thai girl only gets you a PR. A PR is virtually nothing. Just makes it easy for you to stay BKK longer.

SC

TheUnforgiven
13-12-2002, 01:00 AM

Is it possible to get a dual citizenship? Without the singapore side knowing of course. Getting a PR is not really a bad idea. Can alternate between staying in Singapore and Thailand. What do you think?

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 01:14 AM
Brother SC,

Not very clear about the citizenship thingy. Does it mean that by having the Thai citizenship, u have to give up the Singapore citizenship ?

If I was to remain a PR, can i start businesses under my own account ? Can I have a bank account there etc etc ?

Pls give me some guidelines abt the possible routes of survival there... thanks !

Getting a bank account is no problem even if no PR. I have one too. They will ask what is your purpose. Tell them you come bangkok very often and you intend to put money in here to set up business and the minimum amount you put in is 500baht.

As for dual citizenship, I don't think it is allowed.
And my advise is still do not get a thai citizenship.
What are the Pros in getting a thai citizenship?
In the past, I wanted to get one too. But I weigh the pros and cons, not worth it. Frankly I don't see much Pros in getting a thai citizenship.

Possible routes of survivals? You must see where your skills lie in.
If your skills are in cooking, then can set up a food business. If your skills are in computer, can do computer business.

SC

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 01:16 AM
Is it possible to get a dual citizenship? Without the singapore side knowing of course. Getting a PR is not really a bad idea. Can alternate between staying in Singapore and Thailand. What do you think?

Nowadays a tourist visa applied from thai embassy gets you 2 months stay in thailand. So 1 year 6 times come back singapore 6 times lor. Not much also.

Pls be reminded that a citizenship and a PR is different. Getting a PR still can't buy land or house. Can only buy condo. so think about it.

SC

eVox
13-12-2002, 01:22 AM
Nowadays a tourist visa applied from thai embassy gets you 2 months stay in thailand. So 1 year 6 times come back singapore 6 times lor. Not much also.

Pls be reminded that a citizenship and a PR is different. Getting a PR still can't buy land or house. Can only buy condo. so think about it.

SC

Sorry... but can start business under ur own name or not ? if not, everything under her name... abit not secure leh :p

TheUnforgiven
13-12-2002, 01:25 AM
Bro SC, once again thanks for providing so much info and advice. I plan to work in Singapore and save up some money before going to marry my girl back in thailand. After getting the PR as you mentioned, maybe see how the situation is over there. If really cannot make it, then alternate between Singapore and Thailand lor. Like you said, can buy a condo there. Or can I just buy a house under her name? Heard from one of the locals 800k baht is more than enough. Btw, if my girl wants to visit Singapore for a few days, what are the documents needed other than her passport? Would she face any difficulty in entering Singapore? She's has no work permit in Singapore previously.

GiddlyGook
13-12-2002, 03:19 AM
I wanted to point out some inaccuracies. I'm of no use to the board for FRs and the such but I'd like to think I can still contribute.

The general rule about marriage which is pretty universal every country you go to is that a solemised marriage is considered valid in the country of your domicile if it was valid under the law of the place where it was performed. In other words, married in Thailand means you are married in Singapore.

In practice though, Thai women may be unaware of their rights but if they do pursue a divorce in Singapore courts, half your assets could be used to pay off her new mansion/toy-boy in Udon Thani. There would also be other legal repercussions like bigamy charges etc should you decide to hoodwink the ROM into thinking you were single etc.

In short, the hackneyed truism still applies: Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Giddly

Usual disclaimers apply (I am not a lawyer and this is not a substitute for proper legal advice...ad infinitum)

Actually think of marrying a thai girl in her country is better than marrying her here in singapore. Some thai girls have husbands in thailand while working here in singapore. So to know whether they are married and sincerely loves you, get the marriage cert in thailand. Once married, even to a foreigner, they cannot marryu another man in thailand as they have her records.
Under the eyes of Singapore Law, you will still be considered Single and Available.

GiddlyGook
13-12-2002, 03:50 AM
evox-If you are indeed making 10K a month then flying there every 1-2 weeks is not a problem. There are many "road warriors" who do not see their spouses/families except on weekends because of work/travel commitments. I would consult professional tax/legal help to see if you could get tax relief to help defray the costs.

You could even give up the car payments which in itself would pay for 2-3 airtickets per month. Fly enough mileage and Royal Orchid Plus or KrisFlyer or whatever loyalty program you use would also bring additional comped tickets.

You probably know this already but don't jump into marriage just because she is going to go away. You should see her in her natural surroundings (Thailand) before you decide that she's the one and vice-versa.

Good luck

Giddly

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 09:07 AM
Sorry... but can start business under ur own name or not ? if not, everything under her name... abit not secure leh :p

In thailand, if you are a foreigner, and wish to do business, you need to have 7 partners with foreigners holding a 49% stake only. And the amount of paid up capital if I am not wrong is about 1 million baht.

Hope someone can correct me on the amount.

SC

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 09:11 AM
Bro SC, once again thanks for providing so much info and advice. I plan to work in Singapore and save up some money before going to marry my girl back in thailand. After getting the PR as you mentioned, maybe see how the situation is over there. If really cannot make it, then alternate between Singapore and Thailand lor. Like you said, can buy a condo there. Or can I just buy a house under her name? Heard from one of the locals 800k baht is more than enough. Btw, if my girl wants to visit Singapore for a few days, what are the documents needed other than her passport? Would she face any difficulty in entering Singapore? She's has no work permit in Singapore previously.

If no work permit from singapore, then her case is easy.
First of all, make sure there is enough money in her wallet, probably $500 SGD at least, the immigration might check. If no money, what for come singapore? Must be coming to work. These are tell tale signs for FLs.

And when she finish her 14days stay, go SIR and be her sponsor and sponsor her stay longer. But on the condition she is not working on the streets as FL.

Never overstay. NEVER

800K baht condo? cannot make it. If want to buy one with at least a bit of value. Look at the 2Million Baht budget or more if you can spare them.

SC

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by GiddlyGook
I wanted to point out some inaccuracies. I'm of no use to the board for FRs and the such but I'd like to think I can still contribute.

The general rule about marriage which is pretty universal every country you go to is that a solemised marriage is considered valid in the country of your domicile if it was valid under the law of the place where it was performed. In other words, married in Thailand means you are married in Singapore.

In practice though, Thai women may be unaware of their rights but if they do pursue a divorce in Singapore courts, half your assets could be used to pay off her new mansion/toy-boy in Udon Thani. There would also be other legal repercussions like bigamy charges etc should you decide to hoodwink the ROM into thinking you were single etc.

In short, the hackneyed truism still applies: Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Giddly

Usual disclaimers apply (I am not a lawyer and this is not a substitute for proper legal advice...ad infinitum)

From what I know of, As long as you are married in thailand with a cert and when you come back singapore, you did not "endorse" it, under singapore law, you are still single and available. Real life case seen one and heard many.

SC

GiddlyGook
13-12-2002, 11:58 AM
SC-sorry I think this is one of the rare moments where you may be mistaken. Marriage is marriage, no matter where it is contracted. It can be annulled or declared void (divorce or decree nisi) but you have to do it before you enter into another marriage contract.

Anecdotal accounts are often misleading. Just because someone has done so does not mean that it was above the law. Like I said earlier, one can get registered at ROM after marrying abroad (since ROM does not know, it depends on your statutory decalaration that you are single) but he/she would be contravening a statute. Just because the authorities did not detect this (due to a wilful omission of prior status) does not mean a law was not broken. If your Thai wife had good legal representation, you'd be in a lot of trouble.

I don't know what you mean by "endorse" but if you meant "consumated" than yes, there can be grounds for annulment of the marriage. Both parties must agree to it I think because besides a no-contest, I don't know how you could prove "non-consumation" of a marriage.

So likely you friend (or the story you heard) got married in Thailand, changed his mind, got his thai wife to agree to an annulment and then, in Singapore, became "single" again. If he did not obtain the annulment before contracting a ROM marriage, then this guy can consider him lucky that his Thai wife does not know the law to her advantage. (sounds like a business opportunity for enterprising "ambulance-chaser" type lawyers no?) The key here is getting the wife to agree. If she does not, then the weight of the Women's Charter could fall on you.

You should read the Women's Charter Chp 353, an onerous body of law that bodes ill-will towards all men (pun intended).

Particularly, Provision 4, to wit:
Disability to contract marriages
4. —(1) Every person who on 15th September 1961 is lawfully married under any law, religion, custom or usage to one or more spouses shall be incapable, during the continuance of that marriage or marriages of contracting a valid marriage under any law, religion, custom or usage with any person other than such spouse or spouses.

Provision 6:
Offence
6. Any person lawfully married under any law, religion, custom or usage who during the continuance of that marriage purports to contract a marriage in Singapore or elsewhere under any law, religion, custom or usage in contravention of section 4 shall be deemed to commit the offence of marrying again during the lifetime of the husband or wife, as the case may be, within the meaning of section 494 of the Penal Code (Cap. 224).

So you see, irrespective of marriage in any country, marriage IS marriage. Folks, do not tune that dial (sorry for the inundation of the legal BS), your regular "Bonking Channel" will commence again shortly.

Giddly

[Disclaimer: I am NOT a lawyer and I am not dispensing legal advice]

From what I know of, As long as you are married in thailand with a cert and when you come back singapore, you did not "endorse" it, under singapore law, you are still single and available. Real life case seen one and heard many.

SC

TheUnforgiven
13-12-2002, 01:41 PM
If no work permit from singapore, then her case is easy.
First of all, make sure there is enough money in her wallet, probably $500 SGD at least, the immigration might check. If no money, what for come singapore? Must be coming to work. These are tell tale signs for FLs.

800K baht condo? cannot make it. If want to buy one with at least a bit of value. Look at the 2Million Baht budget or more if you can spare them.

Bro SC, I thought she needs a visa other than a passport to enter Singapore? So assuming she has 500SGD to check through the customs, could there be any further problems?

I was not referring to a 800k baht condo. Just a normal house, of course not in Bkk but the smaller provinces like Hadyai. Can I buy it under her name?

Ah Neo
13-12-2002, 03:56 PM
... I thought u retired liao ... how come Chong Chu Jiang Hu (back from retirement)?

SC

boopy
13-12-2002, 07:23 PM
eVox, if you do earn 10K a month, plus all the bonuses and stuff, i am pretty sure that you can fly over to Vietnam to check things out first. heh heh...... :D She can come over to Singapore, though citizenship is still not guaranteed.

My question is, why marry a, sorry to say this, prostitute?

meatlover
13-12-2002, 07:30 PM
I'm gonna ban myself from this thread liao. The more I read the more problems in my mind ......

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Ah Neo
... I thought u retired liao ... how come Chong Chu Jiang Hu (back from retirement)?

I even Chong Chu Jiang Hu from betting soccer when I said I am quitting from soccer betting. All these are vices and hard to quit.

hahaha
SC

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 10:25 PM
SC-sorry I think this is one of the rare moments where you may be mistaken. Marriage is marriage, no matter where it is contracted. It can be annulled or declared void (divorce or decree nisi) but you have to do it before you enter into another marriage contract.

Anecdotal accounts are often misleading. Just because someone has done so does not mean that it was above the law. Like I said earlier, one can get registered at ROM after marrying abroad (since ROM does not know, it depends on your statutory decalaration that you are single) but he/she would be contravening a statute. Just because the authorities did not detect this (due to a wilful omission of prior status) does not mean a law was not broken. If your Thai wife had good legal representation, you'd be in a lot of trouble.

I don't know what you mean by "endorse" but if you meant "consumated" than yes, there can be grounds for annulment of the marriage. Both parties must agree to it I think because besides a no-contest, I don't know how you could prove "non-consumation" of a marriage.

So likely you friend (or the story you heard) got married in Thailand, changed his mind, got his thai wife to agree to an annulment and then, in Singapore, became "single" again. If he did not obtain the annulment before contracting a ROM marriage, then this guy can consider him lucky that his Thai wife does not know the law to her advantage. (sounds like a business opportunity for enterprising "ambulance-chaser" type lawyers no?) The key here is getting the wife to agree. If she does not, then the weight of the Women's Charter could fall on you.

You should read the Women's Charter Chp 353, an onerous body of law that bodes ill-will towards all men (pun intended).

Particularly, Provision 4, to wit:
Disability to contract marriages
4. —(1) Every person who on 15th September 1961 is lawfully married under any law, religion, custom or usage to one or more spouses shall be incapable, during the continuance of that marriage or marriages of contracting a valid marriage under any law, religion, custom or usage with any person other than such spouse or spouses.

Provision 6:
Offence
6. Any person lawfully married under any law, religion, custom or usage who during the continuance of that marriage purports to contract a marriage in Singapore or elsewhere under any law, religion, custom or usage in contravention of section 4 shall be deemed to commit the offence of marrying again during the lifetime of the husband or wife, as the case may be, within the meaning of section 494 of the Penal Code (Cap. 224).

So you see, irrespective of marriage in any country, marriage IS marriage. Folks, do not tune that dial (sorry for the inundation of the legal BS), your regular "Bonking Channel" will commence again shortly.

Giddly

[Disclaimer: I am NOT a lawyer and I am not dispensing legal advice]

What's your occupation? The way you quoted all the provision laws etc, I know you "not simple". If you are a paralegal, I believe, you can try starting a consultancy for people who fall in love with thai working girls.

As for all these provision laws, all these are in book.
In real life, I have seen people with 1 cert in singapore and 1 cert in thailand.

Even in the past, a SIR customer service officer tell me can marry a thai girl who once held a work permit and told me to apply via form.

Don't believe what they say, cos once you do it, your teerak will have difficulty or even banned from entering singapore as they will have her particulars from the form you filled up.

Do it the backdoor way. Marry her in thailand and then come back with a baby and then it will make your application for her easier. Also a baby boy will be better.

KNN, I have given too much clues.
So in the real world, its not all about the black and white written in books. For me I do not possess any degree in any field, but I graduate from the University of Society.

hahaha
SC

eVox
13-12-2002, 10:43 PM
Thanks Brother,

I know I should not be jumping into marriage. But firstly, she does not know my income status etc. I told her and I act as if I am not rich. But she is willing to stop working and go back to Thailand because of me... which is what touches me. She takes good care of her friends too... which I am pretty sure she is not acting because whenever her friends are depressed or needs help, she is always the first one they look for.

Of course, I will still carry on to observe. Thanks for all ur guidance and info, i really need them. Thanks a lot !

evox-If you are indeed making 10K a month then flying there every 1-2 weeks is not a problem. There are many "road warriors" who do not see their spouses/families except on weekends because of work/travel commitments. I would consult professional tax/legal help to see if you could get tax relief to help defray the costs.

You could even give up the car payments which in itself would pay for 2-3 airtickets per month. Fly enough mileage and Royal Orchid Plus or KrisFlyer or whatever loyalty program you use would also bring additional comped tickets.

You probably know this already but don't jump into marriage just because she is going to go away. You should see her in her natural surroundings (Thailand) before you decide that she's the one and vice-versa.

Good luck

Giddly

siamcutey
13-12-2002, 10:50 PM
She takes good care of her friends too... which I am pretty sure she is not acting because whenever her friends are depressed or needs help, she is always the first one they look for.

This is where you should take note of. They will not mind lending their money to help their frens when they never think how their fuck frens can return them.

Yeah she jai dee. But jai dee don't pay. If she continues to stick this way, she will suffer.

SC

TheUnforgiven
13-12-2002, 10:54 PM
Bro SC, I thought she needs a visa other than a passport to enter Singapore? So assuming she has 500SGD to check through the customs, could there be any further problems?

I was not referring to a 800k baht condo. Just a normal house, of course not in Bkk but the smaller provinces like Hadyai. Can I buy it under her name?

sorry bro sc, need ur advice here. maybe u missed my post. thanks in advance. :)

eVox
13-12-2002, 10:54 PM
you're right about that, Brother SC. And it's good she realised that...but only this morning... hahaha.

This is where you should take note of. They will not mind lending their money to help their frens when they never think how their fuck frens can return them.

Yeah she jai dee. But jai dee don't pay. If she continues to stick this way, she will suffer.

SC

easyeasy
14-12-2002, 12:55 PM
bro evox, i do say you are quite an eligible bachelor. Do consider your choice of getting a life partner carefully and wisely again.

GiddlyGook
14-12-2002, 01:03 PM
SC is right. Thai nationals (as with most ASEAN countries) do not need a visa to enter Singapore - a 14-day Social Visit Pass is automatically granted at port of entry.

However, young, single Thai women not travelling as part of an organized tour might be asked to provide proof of being a bona fide tourist - usually in the form of sufficient funds for their duration of stay. S$500-S$1000 sounds about just right.

So, if your faen was not previously a yellow-card holder and she can demonstrate sufficient funds for a purportedly legitimate tourist-stay, she should not have any issues coming into Singapore. Tell her to act natural, appear confident and smile at the Immigration officer and she'll be in your arms in no time. Remember, Singapore depends on tourism for a huge portion of of its revenue although you wouldn't know it from the shameless way it treats Thai WLs and nationals.

Of course it would be fair to note now that Immigration officers at points of entry have complete and non-transparent rights to reject any visitor on utter whim and fancy. Known to happen but unlikely. Confidence is always the key.

Good luck.

Giddly

sorry bro sc, need ur advice here. maybe u missed my post. thanks in advance. :)

GiddlyGook
14-12-2002, 01:22 PM
Why, my occupation is the same as yours I believe - Tourism Liaison Officer (Thai Section) - making sure our Thai tourists needs (usually monetary) are being taken care of.

Paralegal I'm not. Let's just say I have the singular displeasure of cavorting with legal eagles in social company.

The School of Life is a world-reknown institution with many distinguished graduands: Sim, Gates, Damon, Ellison, Our Tiraks etc.

Giddly

What's your occupation? The way you quoted all the provision laws etc, I know you "not simple". If you are a paralegal, I believe, you can try starting a consultancy for people who fall in love with thai working girls.

So in the real world, its not all about the black and white written in books. For me I do not possess any degree in any field, but I graduate from the University of Society.

eVox
14-12-2002, 06:02 PM
Thanks... I m aware of that too. But when it comes to love, i guess it is all fated.

Originally posted by easyeasy
bro evox, i do say you are quite an eligible bachelor. Do consider your choice of getting a life partner carefully and wisely again.

eVox
14-12-2002, 06:08 PM
Paiseh... just a question here....

Not too sure whether my tiirak is holding a work permit or yellow pass. From her photocopied passport, I saw that it stated "Special Pass"... form 18 issued by DSC.

So is that the purposedly work permit or otherwise ?

siamcutey
14-12-2002, 08:58 PM
Why, my occupation is the same as yours I believe - Tourism Liaison Officer (Thai Section) - making sure our Thai tourists needs (usually monetary) are being taken care of.

Paralegal I'm not. Let's just say I have the singular displeasure of cavorting with legal eagles in social company.

The School of Life is a world-reknown institution with many distinguished graduands: Sim, Gates, Damon, Ellison, Our Tiraks etc.

Giddly

hahaha, luckily I am not in the same trade as yours. All these came from all the head banging experiences.

I do know that paralegals can help sometimes.

SC

siamcutey
14-12-2002, 09:02 PM

With 500SGD in her wallet, easier to pass through. If you wish to buy a house under her name, of course no problem, but she must be a thai national. You are just forking out the money, they don't need your particulars.

hahaha
SC

siamcutey
16-12-2002, 04:04 AM

Not too sure whether my tiirak is holding a work permit or yellow pass. From her photocopied passport, I saw that it stated "Special Pass"... form 18 issued by DSC.

Is your Tiirak working in GL? If GL confirm yellow pass

SC

kideddie
16-12-2002, 11:29 AM

The "Special Pass" A4 size is issued by SIR under certain condition like investigation by Anti-Vice or CID. And they are allowed to work in GL ONLY.

TheUnforgiven
16-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Thanks... I m aware of that too. But when it comes to love, i guess it is all fated.

I fully agree. And when you fall in love for a WL, you will realise they are all humans after all, equal to both you and me. No doubt there are many black sheep among them, but if you really love her, go for it. Just step into the relationship with an open mind, and prepare yourself for any possible happy/sad endings.

eVox
17-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Yeah... thanks for the support, brother !

I am not sure what lies ahead for the both of us... but i am sure if both of us are willing to make the necessary sacrifices and be more tolerant and patient to many matters, chances are higher for things to work out.

I know I am into a "shit" situation but no choice... i really love her.

I fully agree. And when you fall in love for a WL, you will realise they are all humans after all, equal to both you and me. No doubt there are many black sheep among them, but if you really love her, go for it. Just step into the relationship with an open mind, and prepare yourself for any possible happy/sad endings.

TheUnforgiven
17-12-2002, 12:40 AM
Yeah... thanks for the support, brother !

I am not sure what lies ahead for the both of us... but i am sure if both of us are willing to make the necessary sacrifices and be more tolerant and patient to many matters, chances are higher for things to work out.

I know I am into a "shit" situation but no choice... i really love her.

You are not really in a shit situation. With the kind of salary you command, you can easily afford to travel to and fro and visit her often. If you won't migrate to thailand, why not the both of you migrate to somewhere else instead? I wish I had your money :)

eVox
17-12-2002, 01:09 AM
I am running business... income is never predictable. Who knows I may have to wind down the business in the near-future ?

Migrating is never an option because we still have to take care of both families. That is the primary reason for her to come Singapore.

IMO...travelling back and fro is a temporary option. Think I will eventually be drained out. Must try all means to get her into Singapore. If not, in a couple of years time, I will go over.

You are not really in a shit situation. With the kind of salary you command, you can easily afford to travel to and fro and visit her often. If you won't migrate to thailand, why not the both of you migrate to somewhere else instead? I wish I had your money :)

siamcutey
17-12-2002, 11:17 PM
I am running business... income is never predictable. Who knows I may have to wind down the business in the near-future ?

Migrating is never an option because we still have to take care of both families. That is the primary reason for her to come Singapore.

IMO...travelling back and fro is a temporary option. Think I will eventually be drained out. Must try all means to get her into Singapore. If not, in a couple of years time, I will go over.

If you are in biz, you should be able to think of a way to survive in Australia or other countries besides Singapore.

Bring your families along with you if can't put them down.

As for travelling to and fro, I suggest why not settle in thailand?

No need think so much.

Think too much in the end still nothing. Just do it first then see how it goes. We singaporeans plan too much. Nowadays think also die, dun think also die. Just do it then see how.

SC

TheUnforgiven
17-12-2002, 11:26 PM
As for travelling to and fro, I suggest why not settle in thailand?

I once thought of settling down in thailand too, but I think I should stay there a while and see the situation first. It IS a good place to stay, other than it's drugs and prositution reputation. I worry if I have a daughter when I'm there in the future.

siamcutey
17-12-2002, 11:33 PM
I once thought of settling down in thailand too, but I think I should stay there a while and see the situation first. It IS a good place to stay, other than it's drugs and prositution reputation. I worry if I have a daughter when I'm there in the future.

The drug problem is serious. Prostitution will always be there.

That's why you will need to retain your Singapore Citizenship and not take up a Thai citizenship so that next time if give birth to girl, can bring her singapore.
Letting your girl study in thailand, you better hope you give her eat a lot everyday till she is fat and ugly. Or else, if she is pretty, one day she will be influenced to take up the flesh trade.

SC

xiaozhu
12-12-2003, 08:18 PM
so have anyone got any clues?

cateyes1001
15-12-2003, 03:27 PM
In thailand, if you are a foreigner, and wish to do business, you need to have 7 partners with foreigners holding a 49% stake only. And the amount of paid up capital if I am not wrong is about 1 million baht.

Hope someone can correct me on the amount.

SC
SC,
You are right. I had previously consulted Thai Embassy in Singapore and also a lawyer in Bkk about setting up business in Thailand. Ordinary foreigners can only entered into a Private Limited company with a max of 49% stake. Thais must hold the majority. No sole proprietor or partnership is allow for foreigners.

If anyone is serious about setting up a business in Thailand in view of Thai restriction, it is strongly adviseble to seek a Thai lawyer to help you to setup the company. They will help you to find the other 6 "sleeping partners" for you with a fee. There will be another contract draw up separately to put you totally in-charge of your newly setup company. It is also advise to appoint the same lawyer's firm as your company secretary to sort out all the taxation problems and audits. Then use your newly setup company to apply for you a work permit so that you can stay in Thailand as long as your company is still running, thus no need for PR or citizen craps. Just pay the taxes that all. This is one of the way if you want to setup a business in Thailand and you do not trust your so call "Tirak" to put your company under her name.

Cateyes1001

eVox
17-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by xiaozhu
so have anyone got any clues?

clues on wat ? marrying ? pm me;)

keet
17-12-2003, 11:44 AM
can check out some of ur queries from here... (hope the moderator dun mind hor, sorry)

http://pub17.ezboard.com/fsawadee85516frm2

seems like quite impossible to marry a GL gal becos of the restrictions that AV has and also they are to sign some kinda of document which prevents them from marrying a local once they finish their tour of duty.:mad:

siamcutey
17-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by keet
can check out some of ur queries from here... (hope the moderator dun mind hor, sorry)

http://pub17.ezboard.com/fsawadee85516frm2

seems like quite impossible to marry a GL gal becos of the restrictions that AV has and also they are to sign some kinda of document which prevents them from marrying a local once they finish their tour of duty.:mad:
Even if they never sign the documents. Just the fact on they have "overstayed" for so long, this reason is good enough by the authorities not to allow them to get married.

SC

alt_saint MkII
22-12-2003, 02:36 PM
For all those in doubt about the issue about marriages in thailand being recognised (or discovered) by the Singapore government. Any Singaporean male or female wanting to marry a Thai national will first have to get clearance from the Singapore Embassy in Bangkok, and for this, a certificate from the ROM in Singapore stating that you're legally single in your domicilied country, i.e Singapore. Of course, when you get clearance from the Singaporean embassy in Thailand, you just know that just about every govt agency in Singapore is going to have records of you being married. I'm not sure about other countries, but for Thailand, I'm pretty sure, coz I tried it before. But if you're going to set up a business there anyways, i don't see the point in getting a PR, coz getting a work permit there still affords you the priviledge of buying property, even landed (less than 1 rai). Getting married to your tirak there is going to make her an alien with regards to purchasing land, i.e she becomes a farang duey. She hold Thai nationality but is prohibited from purchasing land larger than 1 rai. This information is from quite some time ago, don't know whether it still applies now, but with Pi Tak at the helm, he's trying to reform this somewhat dated and discriminatory legislation. Keep your eyes peeled to news in Thailand in the next few years.

Legalised gambling, legalised prostitution, equal rights pertaining to purchase of land.... I'll bet my last tenner that all this is going to happen, if not now, in the very near future....

cheers, hope that helped.... sorry about the paragraphing...

siamcutey
22-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by alt_saint MkII
For all those in doubt about the issue about marriages in thailand being recognised (or discovered) by the Singapore government. Any Singaporean male or female wanting to marry a Thai national will first have to get clearance from the Singapore Embassy in Bangkok, and for this, a certificate from the ROM in Singapore stating that you're legally single in your domicilied country, i.e Singapore. Of course, when you get clearance from the Singaporean embassy in Thailand, you just know that just about every govt agency in Singapore is going to have records of you being married. I'm not sure about other countries, but for Thailand, I'm pretty sure, coz I tried it before. But if you're going to set up a business there anyways, i don't see the point in getting a PR, coz getting a work permit there still affords you the priviledge of buying property, even landed (less than 1 rai). Getting married to your tirak there is going to make her an alien with regards to purchasing land, i.e she becomes a farang duey. She hold Thai nationality but is prohibited from purchasing land larger than 1 rai. This information is from quite some time ago, don't know whether it still applies now, but with Pi Tak at the helm, he's trying to reform this somewhat dated and discriminatory legislation. Keep your eyes peeled to news in Thailand in the next few years.

Legalised gambling, legalised prostitution, equal rights pertaining to purchase of land.... I'll bet my last tenner that all this is going to happen, if not now, in the very near future....

cheers, hope that helped.... sorry about the paragraphing...
I have a friend who married a Thai girl years ago and they have landed house. And they are going to buy another land soon. Even without work permit, A foreigner is allowed to buy property. Condos but not landed.

SC

keet
23-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Any foreigners allowed to buy property but Condo only.
i also have landed property..but under my wife's name lor.
now also waiting for new land laws so i can own some of it too.. :D

siamcutey
23-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Any foreigners allowed to buy property but Condo only.
i also have landed property..but under my wife's name lor.
now also waiting for new land laws so i can own some of it too.. :D

I think the day when you wait for new land laws to pass through for foreigners to buy, it will be ...............................

The day will not come, cos if foreigners allowed to buy land in thailand, the Thais will be at a big big disadvantage and this is something Thaksin will not see it happen.

SC

alt_saint MkII
24-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Could have sworn that you can buy landed property as long as the land area doesn't exceed one rai. As for Thai locals who marry foreigners, the rules apply to them as well after getting hitched with a foreigner. Guess the legislation i read must be wrong... hmmm... and I'm pretty sure Thaksin himself said that the rules regarding land ownership is outdated and needs to be changed...

Well... seems there are a lot of conflicting point of views... will do some more research and keep you guys updated...

keet
24-12-2003, 10:44 PM
Talks on land ownership for foreigners had been around quite some time back even before Taksin's reign.. but just talk and not official as many other factors and clashes with local provincial authorities, and different gov departments etc.
But then even it is made official, am sure there will be many red-tapes and restrictions before a foreigner can actually own a land.
Right now i am contented to have my pieces of land under my wife's name.. ;)
Other issue will be on PR application which took me almost a year and gave up eventually due to the ridiculous trips made to local depts. Had a colleague who paid a lawyer almost B300k to get his after about 9mths.!

liketoplay
26-12-2003, 02:12 PM
any advice on buying condo unit in BKK ? Is it a good investment? Targetting at the expats , which area is a good location and rough guide on the price for a 3 room unit . Thank you.

siamcutey
26-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by liketoplay
any advice on buying condo unit in BKK ? Is it a good investment? Targetting at the expats , which area is a good location and rough guide on the price for a 3 room unit . Thank you.

My personal view.

Property is sprouting up like nobodie's business in BKK. Condos, Apts, Bungalows, Shophouses. The speed they are building up an apt is so fast that you will be astonished why it took longer for singapore flats to be built.

There is a SVC APT that is built up in 8 months and should be opened next month for rental. One thing that really need to research is whether the buildings are safe. Though there hasn't been any known incidents of falling buildings, but then I remembered years back where in HK or some other country, lousier materials were used to make flats, etc and in the end few years the building cannot be used for living even and has to be demolished.

For expats, they mostly stay in Sukhumvit area. Of course its very expensive too. For a 3 room unit, at least 10 million baht up. But then I don't really see a condo as a good investment. It depends on how long you intend to see your returns come back to you. I feel townhouse as a better investment as you can do business and also you get to keep the land deed. But in order to get the land deed, you need to be a Thai.

SC

siamcutey
26-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Talks on land ownership for foreigners had been around quite some time back even before Taksin's reign.. but just talk and not official as many other factors and clashes with local provincial authorities, and different gov departments etc.
But then even it is made official, am sure there will be many red-tapes and restrictions before a foreigner can actually own a land.
Right now i am contented to have my pieces of land under my wife's name.. ;)
Other issue will be on PR application which took me almost a year and gave up eventually due to the ridiculous trips made to local depts. Had a colleague who paid a lawyer almost B300k to get his after about 9mths.!

The red tapes and restrictions are actually more than what we see in Singapore.

After the PR application, I think need to wait for 2 5-years PR periods before can get the Thai Citizenship. 10 yrs to get the thai citizenship.

hahaha
SC

siamcutey
09-01-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by alt_saint MkII
Could have sworn that you can buy landed property as long as the land area doesn't exceed one rai. As for Thai locals who marry foreigners, the rules apply to them as well after getting hitched with a foreigner. Guess the legislation i read must be wrong... hmmm... and I'm pretty sure Thaksin himself said that the rules regarding land ownership is outdated and needs to be changed...

Well... seems there are a lot of conflicting point of views... will do some more research and keep you guys updated...
Prohibition on Foreign Ownership of Land

1. Thai Land Law:

Under Sec. 86 of the Thai Land Law, a foreigner may own land in Thailand only if permitted by treaty. In fact, Thailand does not have a treaty with any country permitting foreigners from that country to own land. Therefore, foreigners are effectively prohibited from owning land in Thailand. Under Sec. 97 of the Land Law, the definition of a foreigner includes Thai registered companies or partnerships in which more than 49% of the capital is owned by foreigners or of which more than half the shareholders or partners are foreigners.

As a practical matter, it is often difficult for a Thai company with foreigners having substantial minority ownership (e.g., 51% Thai, 49% foreign) to acquire land in Thailand. The policies of Land Offices vary throughout Thailand, but often they require that Thais own at least 60% or 70% of a company in order to register land ownership.

Under former Land Office policy, Thai nationals who married foreigners were prohibited from ownership of land in Thailand. This prohibition was based on principles of community property law and a general presumption that the Thai spouse was holding the land for the benefit of the foreigner. However, under current Land Office policy the Thai spouse can own land in Thailand, provided that the foreign spouse signs a letter declaring the property to be the separate property of the Thai spouse and waiving any interest in the property.

Answer solved

hahaha
SC

fontirak
09-01-2004, 04:47 AM
juz heard from my tirak that she is going to change name when she when back to thailand or she is not allow o come back to singapore. how true is this? anyway heard from my uncle who is doing biz in thailand that u can have 100% ownership of your company if more that 5M baht. how true is that too?

peterfish
09-01-2004, 02:08 PM
What if you are a Malaysian who has a Singapore PR? If you marry her (a WL) in Malaysia then bring the Malaysian marriage cret to SIR (of course she would have change her passport and ID after she left GL), can she then apply for long tern social visit pass then later try for PR?

keet
09-01-2004, 02:16 PM
AV keeps all 10 finger print and will been in record for 7yrs...
so meantime u change name but if happen to check for finger print... die liao lor...game over :(

siamcutey
09-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by peterfish
What if you are a Malaysian who has a Singapore PR? If you marry her (a WL) in Malaysia then bring the Malaysian marriage cret to SIR (of course she would have change her passport and ID after she left GL), can she then apply for long tern social visit pass then later try for PR?

Why don't stay in malaysia instead but wanna stay Singapore?

Singaporeans have difficulty doing that, not to mention a PR.

Try malaysia

SC

peterfish
10-01-2004, 09:47 AM
But let say that the malaysian PR wants to get PR for the WL, they get married in Malaysia. Then show the malaysian marriage cert to SIR when applying for PR. If the guy got biz here, then will it be easier? Also if she converted to Malaysian or some third world coutries' citzenship, do SIR still have to check her fingerprints when applying for PR? Also is it possible to alter one's fingerprints? Any cases of EX GL WL marrying and staying in SIngapore on a permanent basis be it a PR or become a Singaporean? Thanks.

vmtech
21-11-2004, 03:59 PM
wow... last post is in jan...
aybe can revive this thead?
although i noe the unforgiven alredy retired. bro sc still around right? his advice owns.
anyway... im also facing same problem.. how to bring her bac.

my tirak is from gl.. she came here applying using a thai passport. but she said she is catually from myanmar, which she has a myanmar passport.

thing is she had a thai permit or passport made b4 she came to sg gl with it.

so.. any chances around here?

Precious_123
21-11-2004, 04:11 PM
although i noe the unforgiven alredy retired. bro sc still around right? his advice owns.

my tirak is from gl.. she came here applying using a thai passport. but she said she is catually from myanmar, which she has a myanmar passport.

HAHA,I know who is yr tirak liao!

vmtech
21-11-2004, 04:57 PM
HAHA,I know who is yr tirak liao!

from ur post i aso know my tirak's gd friend is the girl u said u 'miss' in other threads ;)

ryanloke09
22-11-2004, 01:41 AM

ask her to use her myanmar passport to come to sg lah.
but u have to go to myanmar 1st then bring her come back sg.

Xtremist
22-11-2004, 02:44 AM

Dun think marrying in Singapore is possible. However, if you r very sure u want to pursue this r/s and go thru the LEGAL proedures... pm me... i may be able to guide u along.

tirak99
22-11-2004, 03:13 AM
ask her to use her myanmar passport to come to sg lah.
but u have to go to myanmar 1st then bring her come back sg.

I don't think that easy to get the myanmar passport. Unless you have lobang for back-door. :o

If I recalled someone told me that he had paid S$10,000 just for the Thai IC. :eek:

What do you guys think? Why not myanmar passport?

FYI.

Notice For Those Applying For Myanmar Passport (http://www.myanmar.com/Ministry/Moha/special-branch.htm#c)

evangelist
22-11-2004, 06:20 PM
I don't think that easy to get the myanmar passport. Unless you have lobang for back-door. :o

Met a New Zealander whose wife is from Myanmar, told me he paid about US$2000 for her passport through back door procedures and waiting time about 2 months.

siamcutey
23-11-2004, 01:03 AM

If I recalled someone told me that he had paid S$10,000 just for the Thai IC. :eek:

What do you guys think? Why not myanmar passport?

FYI.

Notice For Those Applying For Myanmar Passport (http://www.myanmar.com/Ministry/Moha/special-branch.htm#c)

Many myanmese want to go out of their country for work and its not easy to apply for the passport even. But this country one thing good, if you got money, many things can be worked out. Or I would say, all things can be worked out easily.

SC

collin_23
23-11-2004, 07:29 AM
Ermm...anything just make sure u be careful k. Also be wary of con jobs. :)

Ya Man
23-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Ermm...anything just make sure u be careful k. Also be wary of con jobs. :)

Yo,

have learned alot fr this thread. for me, if i want to marry my tirak, i would never bring her to s'pore. for the matter of fact is that i am worried that my friends or even relatives may have been her customer before. and my parents will probably disown me should they find out about her background.

I am thinking that if i can really end up marrying my tirak, i would bring her to aust with me, as i already got my PR. any bros can advise me on the possiblity of this arrangement?

vmtech
24-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Many myanmese want to go out of their country for work and its not easy to apply for the passport even. But this country one thing good, if you got money, many things can be worked out. Or I would say, all things can be worked out easily.

SC

yeah. tt's wad i heard too.. she said. gonna make a passport n it costs like 5k. o-o

cassano10
26-11-2004, 04:23 PM
i heard many of them smuggle to thailand by swimming across the border.

Bangkok Master
26-11-2004, 04:40 PM

Based on your description, I think your tirak came to Sg either with a fake thai passport or she might have bought a real thai id card and passport when
she was young. The only solution for you now is to change her identity in Thailand which she must go to the local "AMPERE" (to change her name and surname and make a new id card and passport the legal way or go through the illegal way by buying a new identity from the local "AMPERE"(district office). Since you say that she is a myanmarese then I think she from the northern region of Thailand like province area in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai or Mae Sot. For the cost of a new identity will cost u around 100,000baht =S$4166. If she's from Mae Sai, I could introduce you to the local authorities who are all corrupted and they will definately help u for the sake of the $. But if she's from somewhere else u have to find the lobang liao!

siamcutey
26-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Yo,

have learned alot fr this thread. for me, if i want to marry my tirak, i would never bring her to s'pore. for the matter of fact is that i am worried that my friends or even relatives may have been her customer before. and my parents will probably disown me should they find out about her background.

I am thinking that if i can really end up marrying my tirak, i would bring her to aust with me, as i already got my PR. any bros can advise me on the possiblity of this arrangement?

You can hide but you cannot run. Sad to know that you think this way. So what happens if one day your parents find out through the mouths of your relatives? Even if she work in BKK only, who knows maybe one of your relative might be her customer before. No pun intended.

If you want to be with this girl, you must be prepared to scarifice what you have now. The question is "be prepared". If you are not "prepared", then forget about the whole idea of being with your tirak. Not saying you will lose everything, but the idea is are you "prepared" if things turned out that way.

SC

Garage1
30-11-2004, 03:09 AM
You can hide but you cannot run. Sad to know that you think this way. So what happens if one day your parents find out through the mouths of your relatives? Even if she work in BKK only, who knows maybe one of your relative might be her customer before. No pun intended.

If you want to be with this girl, you must be prepared to scarifice what you have now. The question is "be prepared". If you are not "prepared", then forget about the whole idea of being with your tirak. Not saying you will lose everything, but the idea is are you "prepared" if things turned out that way.

SC

well said.. not MANY people can accept this fact, in fact i shld say most people...

Snuber
30-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Most men are quite forgetful as there are alot of ladies in the market. Unless she is a super Ang-Pai & the guy is a regular of hers.

But then, smart men will usually leave the girl alone if they see her with another guy. Who knows who the other guy is right?

Before all these, the very first step that both of you must do is to be willing to sacrifice.

Guy - Be able to accept her past & perhaps everything that you built up so far, so as to start afresh abroad if required. It would be good if you can have your own company so that you can expand the operations overseas. If not, request for a overseas posting or look for a new job.

Lady - Be willing to give up her "high-paying" job & leave a simple life with the guy she loves. Got rice, eat rice. Got porridge, drink porridge.

Snuber
30-11-2004, 10:31 AM
well said.. not MANY people can accept this fact, in fact i shld say most people...

A very true & extreme acid test would be when fingers are pointed at her, disclosing her past in front of many people. Then the guy would either point his finger at her as well, or stand up for her against these people.

Sounds alot like some movie, but could be a reality.

Thai Rak Thai
03-05-2007, 02:54 AM
If she's from Mae Sai, I could introduce you to the local authorities who are all corrupted and they will definately help u for the sake of the $. But if she's from somewhere else u have to find the lobang liao!
Why Mae Sai so special? :confused:

tsuchiya
03-05-2007, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eVox
[B]

Apparently, it mucks up the moral quality of the society. There are around 35 Thai houses, each has say 9 gals. Agar agar lar. 35 times 9 is 315. Lets say they work for 1 year contract. 20 years equals 7300. Lots of them around yea? They are sweet little things who are very able to capture a man's heart as well as organ. Look at the number of people her who have tiraks and who have attempted or thought of marriage before, even multiple times. Most of them don't like BKK men, Chiang Mai and other cities are ok but they for 1 reason or another still don't like. Needless to say, if given a choice, a rich SG man would be nice.

To get PR and later citizenship status in SG is not easy. I know of a Myanmmar national who really looks and speaks Chinese/English/Singlish well, studied here since 14. Has been working in the local telco for 2 years, good paying...3K. Citizenship turned down for the second time. My HK colleague got it just after 3 years and he doesn't need to do NS. Don't ask me about the difference, i don't know. The same thing goes for local gals marrying foreign guys (those who are not working here) and local guys marrying foreign gals. No set rule. Now, some Chiang Mai gals start working in massage parlours at single-digit ages. Hope you get the idea.

Singapore is very much based on meritocracy. Govt is still not open to the idea of infusing a prostitute's "mindset" and "blood" into the local society. Thai expats anyone?

http://www.gov.sg/mha/sir/contact_us/index.html

Hi bro!!!
Totally agreed!!!!
My Brother who's a hongkie was given the choice of weather or not he wants to serve NS here and weather or not he wants a citizenship here!! End day he decided to take the NS cos we thought it was fun... as for citizen, he prefers his British Passport as it looks nicer and thus settled for a PR. FYI- he BTC 1- was here since 15yrs, din complete sec. education!!!
My Uncle's wife from indon!!! Bachalor of science- National Uni of Indon!!!
Din get PR till 2nd child birth!!! Now aly 5-6yrs married still applying for citizenship!!!
Is it double standard???

safetybest
03-05-2007, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=Bangkok Master;664558]Based on your description, I think your tirak came to Sg either with a fake thai passport or she might have bought a real thai id card and passport when
she was young. The only solution for you now is to change her identity in Thailand which she must go to the local "AMPERE" (to change her name and surname and make a new id card and passport the legal way or go through the illegal way by buying a new identity from the local "AMPERE"(district office). ...ENDQUTE]

BE VERY CAREFUL!
If she has ever had her fingerprints taken in Sing. then forget it. Sooner or later, she will get her fingerprints taken again (who knows what for? Maybe just routine check at the airport; maybe routine check on some other issue not related to immigration at all). But when the fingerprints bring up another name - go straight to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200 - Singapore authorities very strict and quite short on compassion / unwilling to bend rules or turn blind eye.

The thing to remember: nowadays, fingerprint recognition will flag up any other name that matches her fingerprints. Before, they had to actually guess who's fingerprints might match, and test the match. Now, the computer tests every set of fingerprints. So very difficult to change name / passoprt - even if the new passport is her real name.

So please, be careful.

SB

Thai Rak Thai
29-09-2007, 05:05 PM
The thing to remember: nowadays, fingerprint recognition will flag up any other name that matches her fingerprints. Before, they had to actually guess who's fingerprints might match, and test the match. Now, the computer tests every set of fingerprints. So very difficult to change name / passoprt - even if the new passport is her real name.

So please, be careful.

SB r immigration record cleared after a few years or archive?

dream000888
30-09-2007, 08:51 AM
U can change your passport number but U cannot change your fingerprint, hence it is not possible to come to Singapore if your Tirak has a prior record, why I know, my Hatyai Tirak was one.

vmtech
30-09-2007, 01:41 PM
r immigration record cleared after a few years or archive?

i heard it's cleared after a few years,

how many years i dont know.

3 5 7 or 10

justl00king
01-10-2007, 02:52 AM
I was told they signed papers and input fingerprints. Can never come back again even for holidays...

Red_Tirak1099
01-10-2007, 12:29 PM

3 5 7 or 10
I doubt they will clear it.....maybe some one from inside ICA can confirm?

Lao LEE
02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
After 25 yrs should clear. But will anyone be interested after so long? :(

pussyman72
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
r immigration record cleared after a few years or archive?

it will never be wipe out. that is for sure. even 6 yrs later ur girl come back the record are still in the system. that is confirm.

whatever u do, dont let her come back. go n talk to the officer if u want to know more. also dont make false declaration must tell them the truth else u will be huanted by the law later. not just the girl will get into trouble, the one who fill up the form will too get into trouble.

pussyman72
09-10-2007, 11:41 AM

3 5 7 or 10

bro vm.

bo clear. i already check b4. they still have record after 6yrs. only part of the info still in the system.

providing them the girl old name if change name. passport number, and when she came here n work.

all this are reflected out from the system. the only thing cannot see ban status. had to write in n u will wait many months to get a reply from them.

u cannot check ban status also even u write in cos they wont tell u. the only thing u write in is to apply for her to come sgp for a visit. but must have supported documents to show them when ask for.

even submit liao does not mean u will get it approved. u may have to try many many times b4 u get it unless very heng.

pfingo
09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
whatever u do, dont let her come back. go n talk to the officer if u want to know more. also dont make false declaration must tell them the truth else u will be huanted by the law later. not just the girl will get into trouble, the one who fill up the form will too get into trouble. sorri abit no understan so can come back or not? cant come at all or can come but make honest declare? :)

pussyman72
09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
This post very long time liao. since some bro bring up hehehe i can share some.

my ex she do not have ic n house book, help her make one in maesai b4. cost 8k to do this in 2001. have to pay kopi money to officers to do help her get her info into the system. takes them about 2 mths to get all this done.

last time u can do it easy their system was not link to the central system that time. all still need to send by mails. but now they are link so it will be kind of hard to get this done. still if u know pple there maybe a chance to get it done.

I know a H girl in 2004 she was trying to make IC n house book. her okt boss help her out n manage to get it done in ISAN area. she pay about 150k baht for it and take 6 mths to do it. due to this central system thing.

but bear in mind sometime u wont know is real ic or fake one cos there are alot of pple doing fake. so if kanna the wrong one that is it. sure kanna.

last time in h. city alot of girls dont have ic or passport in 1994, what the girls do is they buy ic n passport for about 5 to 10k baht and it fake.

there are many other way to get also but this are not really pure. example taking over another person ident. the person passaway asking the family dont declare and she pay the money to the family. then take over the person ident.

another common one which alot of thai girl do is using other ident n make passport. one of the thing i know when asking pple do ic or housebook sometime they did not help u do a new one. they actually give u ic telling u are using this person ic. she can still use it and make passport but pray the person no go out of thailand else she also kanna.

The only solution for you now is to change her identity in Thailand which she must go to the local "AMPERE" (to change her name and surname and make a new id card and passport the legal way or go through the illegal way by buying a new identity from the local "AMPERE"(district office). Since you say that she is a myanmarese then I think she from the northern region of Thailand like province area in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai or Mae Sot. For the cost of a new identity will cost u around 100,000baht =S$4166. If she's from Mae Sai, I could introduce you to the local authorities who are all corrupted and they will definately help u for the sake of the $. But if she's from somewhere else u have to find the lobang liao!

pussyman72
09-10-2007, 11:57 AM
sorri abit no understan so can come back or not? cant come at all or can come but make honest declare? :)

that's not up to me to said bro. i already said u have to go talk to the ICA pple. for the mean time do not bring her down or let her come down herself. u will sabo her go jail. they are not suppose to come back period.

if u bring her down n dont declare she change name then u also likely get urself into trouble. some pple think that his girl change name liao come back no problem ma. ya for now, when u try to extend her passport u will kanna from ica when they do fingerprint scan.

if wanna gamble this kind of thing. i prefer the girl dont come down. u go up see her and dont get her into trouble.

min jail is 1yr for the girl if get caught.

vmtech
12-10-2007, 01:28 PM
what if the girl nv change name but tt time enter sg was using a thai passport and now she no longer has that pp, but has a burmese passport?

liddat how to declare?

Bangkok Master
12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
what if the girl nv change name but tt time enter sg was using a thai passport and now she no longer has that pp, but has a burmese passport?

liddat how to declare?

If she's coming for holiday, chances are she will be able to get her tourist visa but please dun try to extend her visa, if not with the current system, there's always a chance that yr gal will get caught for entering the country using different passport.

jdi813
12-10-2007, 03:10 PM
solly ah ... oso wanna ask a noob question ... if my gal was using a thai passport when working here but now she's back home and using her real passport which is definitely not a thai one ... should she declare in the white form and will she be stopped from entering S'pore??? Names n details are totally diff :(

Red_Tirak1099
12-10-2007, 03:49 PM
I feel its LPPL both ways. Different passports or names or whatever as long as you dont declare then you are taking gamble so better dont risk but if you declare I think got 99% kena U-turn cannot enter. So best is dont come back :)

jdi813
12-10-2007, 04:16 PM
I feel its LPPL both ways. Different passports or names or whatever as long as you dont declare then you are taking gamble so better dont risk but if you declare I think got 99% kena U-turn cannot enter. So best is dont come back :)i thought can enter sgp again ... but only on 7 day visa or something ... cannot extend

pussyman72
12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I feel its LPPL both ways. Different passports or names or whatever as long as you dont declare then you are taking gamble so better dont risk but if you declare I think got 99% kena U-turn cannot enter. So best is dont come back :)

red tirrak u half right. they dont even have 99% u turn sure kanna jail once ICA discovered the passport the girl use are fake previously. it a very serious offences.

bros, just one word. if ur girl use to work in singapore b4 means their 10 fingers print are all scanned. so whether ur girl use thai, laos or whatever passport now, it does not make a diff.

cos when ica wanna do a fingers scanned n she kanna no need talk liao sure go in jail for 1 yr and life ban coming into sgp.

as it is they already pern ban when they finish tour of duty. if u dont want to hai ur gf, i suggest better stop letting ur girl coming down. u can siam 20 times coming in no problem but if on the 21st time the catch you. they will bring all chargers from the 1st to the 21st entry aganist her.

Better mai play play. if u ask me then how. i can only tell u i really dont know how to tell you what to do. i dare not suggest anything to the bros here whos girl is having this problem.......... :(

Also one more things bros. if u guys are the one who help her sign the cards. saying she is using the right passport. you may stand a chance going to jail for false declartion. better think twice and also spare a thought to ur girls also.

bro vm i pm u. cheers

pussyman72
12-10-2007, 08:13 PM
solly ah ... oso wanna ask a noob question ... if my gal was using a thai passport when working here but now she's back home and using her real passport which is definitely not a thai one ... should she declare in the white form and will she be stopped from entering S'pore??? Names n details are totally diff :(

No diff. her finger prints never change. so if scanned she sure kanna. i dont how u gonna declare when previously she use a fake pp and now using the real one.

If u declare ICA will sure said she know it all along this is a fake n now change it to the real one. i dont see any excuse for the ICA not taking any action on her.

bro sorry cant help u on this but better think 10x bu yao hai ta men pei chua.

one more thing to all bros. dont even attempt to extend her passport. sure kanna. this is not the first case i seen pple kanna liao.

Red_Tirak1099
13-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Once finger printed then dont ever harbour thoughts can come back....unless she put hands on hotplate or wait for ICA computers kena attack by terrorists :D

siamcutey
13-10-2007, 12:41 PM

liddat how to declare?

In simple layman terms to summarise all these issues whether Laos, Cambodia, Burmese, Thai passports whatsoever, bottomline is the girl got 10 fingerprints all taken.

So whatever new passport she comes back with, as long as her fingerprints are never taken at immigration upon arrival, they will not know she is Cat40 la. Unless if she is being told to go one side and have her fingerprints taken, then they will know she is Ex-Cat40.

SC

jdi813
13-10-2007, 01:18 PM
so ex-cat40 can or cannot cum back to sillypore ??? thought they can cum back for visits or trips nia ... plus in the white card they will ask u to declare if u got enter sillypore with a diff name n passport before ... so if u declare liao is it n issue ???

vmtech
13-10-2007, 03:35 PM

yo bro, new 1?

vmtech
13-10-2007, 03:38 PM
In simple layman terms to summarise all these issues whether Laos, Cambodia, Burmese, Thai passports whatsoever, bottomline is the girl got 10 fingerprints all taken.

So whatever new passport she comes back with, as long as her fingerprints are never taken at immigration upon arrival, they will not know she is Cat40 la. Unless if she is being told to go one side and have her fingerprints taken, then they will know she is Ex-Cat40.

SC

Haiyo Sian, back to square 1 of guessing game

pussyman72
13-10-2007, 04:17 PM
so ex-cat40 can or cannot cum back to sillypore ??? thought they can cum back for visits or trips nia ... plus in the white card they will ask u to declare if u got enter sillypore with a diff name n passport before ... so if u declare liao is it n issue ???

yo bro jdi. What SC said is very clear liao. what u just ask is the answer sc have just given to u.

siamcutey
13-10-2007, 04:37 PM

Ex-Cat40 can come back SG. For holiday for visits. Some say cannot come back 1 year, some say cannot come back 3 years.

I myself seen got after 1 year come back no problem. I myself have seen got within a year come back got jailed for 1 year.

If the girl declare in the white card she never enter singapore with diff name n passport, but which she actually did, then when she go through customs and custom officer ask her take fingerprints, all her past will come out.

Not often got girls being asked to go take fingerprints. But like what pussyman said, 1 time out of 20 times ask you go take fingerprints, and thats it.

SC

siamcutey
13-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Haiyo Sian, back to square 1 of guessing game

Actually, already told you so many times. You can risk her coming to SG. She can come in SG with all kinds of passport, all kinds of identity. Once she come in to SG and the customs ask her go take fingerprints, then thats it. If you are together with her, you will kenna also. (Thats if she is caught)

There is only 1 alternative for you. Don't bring her to Singapore. If you want to risk it, you have to bear all the consequences which is will you want to bear all these? Will she want to stay in jail for a year if get caught?

SC

yunao
13-10-2007, 06:59 PM
After reading all these threads about how our local guys finally being able to be together with the ex cat40 as their wives,really make me envious.At least they manage to overcome diifficulties and finally be together.At least woes of tirak becomes happiness of tirak..

pussyman72
13-10-2007, 07:23 PM
After reading all these threads about how our local guys finally being able to be together with the ex cat40 as their wives,really make me envious.At least they manage to overcome diifficulties and finally be together.At least woes of tirak becomes happiness of tirak..

i seens a few friends who marry their girls and now live happly with kids. even one of the girl in h. city marry to a ICA officer, now living happly in singapore.

everyone have their flaw and past. it how we wanna accept this. of course there is other stuff alot of pple disagree having wife in this trade but it all depend on themself, we cant said much as a 3rd party.

cpt 747
27-10-2007, 03:54 PM
i agreed with sc . it a risk marrying ex tirak ......

might as well get a new girl in Thailand that never come to spore to work before.

that will be the best approach of all .

cpt 747
27-10-2007, 04:06 PM
i seens a few friends who marry their girls and now live happly with kids. even one of the girl in h. city marry to a ICA officer, now living happly in singapore.

everyone have their flaw and past. it how we wanna accept this. of course there is other stuff alot of pple disagree having wife in this trade but it all depend on themself, we cant said much as a 3rd party.

well that becos she never been caught by anti-vice people here .

of course he can marry her.

those thai WL working in GL had been blacklisted when they step in to spore . before they report for work in the house in GL.

Thai Rak Thai
04-01-2009, 03:29 AM

liddat how to declare?
i knew someone from maesai like tat. told me she have to go yangon?? :confused: as not pure 'thai'? lost contact after tat but not sure if she was able to come back here

sintaro
04-01-2009, 09:31 PM

You think you can outsmart Singapore immigration identification system, my advice is dont try, or you end your tirak behind bar. Many had tried and ended behind the bar. The fingerprint system will detect it very easily.

CeiResident
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
You think you can outsmart Singapore immigration identification system, my advice is dont try, or you end your tirak behind bar. Many had tried and ended behind the bar. The fingerprint system will detect it very easily.

Huh why dig out such an old thread???

dunworri
05-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Huh why dig out such an old thread???Bro CeiResident,bro Sintaro try to advice/lead bros here.;)abt 3 years ago.my buddy get jail n fine:(its true:)

nael
05-01-2009, 09:53 PM
i knew someone from maesai like tat. told me she have to go yangon?? :confused: as not pure 'thai'? lost contact after tat but not sure if she was able to come back here

Most of those come from mae sai are not really "Thai" national without holding Thai IC but is other nationality such as Myanmar with speaking native thai.

In order to make real passport, they (for myanmar) are supposed to go to Yangon (now at the other city) for international passport application. Then can flied to Singapore from Yangon.

CeiResident
05-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Bro CeiResident,bro Sintaro try to advice/lead bros here.;)abt 3 years ago.my buddy get jail n fine:(its true:)

your buddy? ex cat 40? i got it bro, bro sintaro kind soul.

Thai Rak Thai
05-01-2009, 10:42 PM
your buddy? ex cat 40? i got it bro, bro sintaro kind soul.
wah u also maesai-ian ah bro? :D got go dtoi tung [queen mother garden] or not? :)

dunworri
06-01-2009, 03:16 AM
your buddy? ex cat 40? i got it bro, bro sintaro kind soul.bro;what's your mean's ex cat 40?

hoosdathu
11-01-2009, 01:12 AM
just last november i found my ex-tirak from GL8 H66C working in a back-alley at GL18 there leh... she just retired from cat40 2 or 3 years only iirc leh...

dunno how she smuggle in...

CeiResident
11-01-2009, 05:35 PM
just last november i found my ex-tirak from GL8 H66C working in a back-alley at GL18 there leh... she just retired from cat40 2 or 3 years only iirc leh...

dunno how she smuggle in...

Its not smuggle. Just entering on a social visit pass. Declaration has to be made bro. Fated for u to meet up with her, maybe u could link up with her to find her in mueng thai again.:cool:

hoosdathu
18-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Its not smuggle. Just entering on a social visit pass. Declaration has to be made bro. Fated for u to meet up with her, maybe u could link up with her to find her in mueng thai again.:cool:

she got sms to wish me happy 2009 on new year eve sometime before thai midnight. but she didn't reply after i replied her sms.

mebbe expected me to call her.
hm... i guess mebbe she got some $ prob n hoped i could help lor...

CeiResident
19-01-2009, 10:11 PM
she got sms to wish me happy 2009 on new year eve sometime before thai midnight. but she didn't reply after i replied her sms.

mebbe expected me to call her.
hm... i guess mebbe she got some $ prob n hoped i could help lor...

No worries bro. i am sure u are more than experienced to handle her. good luck....:D

lauliao
20-01-2009, 06:28 AM

Bro,what is mueng thai?;)

10/10
20-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Bro,what is mueng thai?;)

Mueng = Country
Mueng Thai = Thailand

Mueng Nork (as outside) = Overseas

But Mueng can also refer as city, town etc for other usage.

pussyman72
21-01-2009, 02:36 AM
wah u also maesai-ian ah bro? :D got go dtoi tung [queen mother garden] or not? :)

lol the queen mother garden look better then 8 yrs ago. :) drove there many times things are more x then b4 maybe i too long no go liao...

maesai also expensive... too many PRC tourist going there liao...

CeiResident
21-01-2009, 09:06 PM
lol the queen mother garden look better then 8 yrs ago. :) drove there many times things are more x then b4 maybe i too long no go liao...

maesai also expensive... too many PRC tourist going there liao...

bro pussyman tambon wiang not far from amphur chiangsean, free drop by tambon sridonmoon to fetch me to doi mae salong leh..:D