PDA

View Full Version : Bros w/ Viet gals, Sept already, VISA needed?

ekemono
04-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Calling out all bros hooked up with Vietnamese gf.

There was some rumours that effective from Sept 2008, Vietnamese gals coming to SG needs VISA, so far I check with ICA website and did not see such news
ICA - Overview (http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_overview.aspx?pageid=252&secid=165)
(Updated 02 Sep 2008)

Any bros heard anything regarding this matter?

Also, heard 2 incidents recently from my gf and a samster bro that alot of Viet gals were denied entry into SG. Now we both sibei sian...:(

Can apply for ROM and with the application details, get her over to SG?
Any other ideas?

jackbl
04-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Not sure abt visa but 1 of my gf's fren came on 1Sept w/o visa and was allow entry and i was able to taste the different varieties of mooncake fr VN :D

Calling out all bros hooked up with Vietnamese gf.

There was some rumours that effective from Sept 2008, Vietnamese gals coming to SG needs VISA, so far I check with ICA website and did not see such news
ICA - Overview (http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_overview.aspx?pageid=252&secid=165)
(Updated 02 Sep 2008)

dc7176
04-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Asean Charter, no visa requirement for all Asean people movement between Asean countries!!

Except Myanmar.

ekemono
04-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Not sure abt visa but 1 of my gf's fren came on 1Sept w/o visa and was allow entry and i was able to taste the different varieties of mooncake fr VN :D

VISA
From what I know I would have assume no such VISA is needed.., yet. But she was skeptical about it after her network of friends back home was discussing quite seriously on these, though I didn't ask for the discussion details. So just trying to exposed myself to whatever leads there may be over here.
I went to ICA few days back to enquire and the bitch officer told me off rudely :mad:

Allow Entry
It will be low morale to know thier entry is based on "luck". We are putting in effort and progressing well now but this "luck" thingy is really ridiculous. Coupled with what i heard of the Customs being very strict with them now, very stress...

If use the ROM registration method to show details to Customs officer possible or not? We are gonna to ROM within these few months anyway, so donno if can use it to our advantage. Any bros?

ekemono
04-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Asean Charter, no visa requirement for all Asean people movement between Asean countries!!

Except Myanmar.

Thanks bro. :)

dc7176
04-09-2008, 11:55 AM
If use the ROM registration method to show details to Customs officer possible or not? We are gonna to ROM within these few months anyway, so donno if can use it to our advantage. Any bros?

if really goin to marry her, u can use the marry cert as proof of document to show the ICA officer tat she is ur wife. 99% will grant her entry... 1% if she hav some bad record lor...

after tat they will ask u to apply for green card for her lor... after obtaining the green card, easier n no question ask when she enter spore...

ekemono
04-09-2008, 12:06 PM
if really goin to marry her, u can use the marry cert as proof of document to show the ICA officer tat she is ur wife. 99% will grant her entry... 1% if she hav some bad record lor...

after tat they will ask u to apply for green card for her lor... after obtaining the green card, easier n no question ask when she enter spore...

You were meaning the ROM registration application for SG?
The plan is to ROM in SG 1st after she is able to come in end Sept 2008 then proceed to VN to ROM.
According to my "pan tung" mother, must do it here first then my luck in life will not be "suppressed".
"luck" again :mad:

SingViet
04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Bro, no paper, no proof. What the government is looking for is the Marriage Certificate, be it vietnam or Singapore. No matter what you tell the singapore customs officer at the airport, they want PROOF. If you want to ROM in Singapore, show the officer the ROM registration date and most probaby, yr gal can only enter singapore 2 weeks before that date. If ROM in VN, no use telling the officer anything.

I ply between HCM and Singapore monthly, i see more and more vietnamese ladies telling the ICA officer that their bf is singaporean. And of course, u think the ICA officer care? :D

Btw, if you ROM in vietnam, make sure you bring the marriage certificate to notary public for translation to english. Only English translated Vietnamese marriage certificate can be used in Singapore.

KangTuo
04-09-2008, 09:01 PM

No wonder you are distributing mooncake that day I see you. But hor... never distribute to me leh :p

KangTuo
04-09-2008, 09:03 PM
I post it on another thread.

Checked ICA website. Till date nothing is published about VN need VISA.

Foreigners holding ordinary passports issued by the following Assessment Level I Countries will require either a Business or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore:

India*
Myanmar*
People’s Republic of China (PRC)†
Commonwealth of Independent States†:
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Georgia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Moldova
Russia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
AND

Holders of:
Hong Kong Document of Identity
Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit

Foreigners holding ordinary passports issued by the following Assessment Level II Countries will require either a Business or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore:

Afghanistan
Algeria
Bangladesh*
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan*
Lebanon
Libya
Morocco
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia+
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia*
Yemen
AND

Holders of:
Palestinian Authority Passport
Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates
Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries

Latest from press is about the e-VISA thingy
List of visa required nationals eligible to use e-Visa

(1) Commonwealth of Independent States+ (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan)

(2) India*

(3) Myanmar*

(4) People’s Republic of China+ (PRC)

(5) Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity

(6) Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit

*Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements.

+Holders of Diplomatic, Official, Service and Public Affairs passports are exempted from visa requirements for a stay of up to 30 days.

(This information is correct as of 25 August 2008)

KangTuo
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I am thinking that in Sep there is F1 in Sillypore (aka Beijing Olympic). Govt only want to control those VN gals from coming in during this mth. Hope in Oct, ICA will let more VN gal come.

My bro just came back from vn. According to him, the immigartion officer called all the vn gals who got an airticket duration of 1 mth into the office. All kana send back.

VISA should be just a rumour...

ekemono
04-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Bro, no paper, no proof. What the government is looking for is the Marriage Certificate, be it vietnam or Singapore. No matter what you tell the singapore customs officer at the airport, they want PROOF. If you want to ROM in Singapore, show the officer the ROM registration date and most probaby, yr gal can only enter singapore 2 weeks before that date. If ROM in VN, no use telling the officer anything.

I ply between HCM and Singapore monthly, i see more and more vietnamese ladies telling the ICA officer that their bf is singaporean. And of course, u think the ICA officer care? :D

Btw, if you ROM in vietnam, make sure you bring the marriage certificate to notary public for translation to english. Only English translated Vietnamese marriage certificate can be used in Singapore.

No wonder you are distributing mooncake that day I see you. But hor... never distribute to me leh :p

I post it on another thread.

Checked ICA website. Till date nothing is published about VN need VISA.

Foreigners holding ordinary passports issued by the following Assessment Level I Countries will require either a Business or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore:

India*
Myanmar*
People’s Republic of China (PRC)†
Commonwealth of Independent States†:
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Georgia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Moldova
Russia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
AND

Holders of:
Hong Kong Document of Identity
Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit

Foreigners holding ordinary passports issued by the following Assessment Level II Countries will require either a Business or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore:

Afghanistan
Algeria
Bangladesh*
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan*
Lebanon
Libya
Morocco
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia+
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia*
Yemen
AND

Holders of:
Palestinian Authority Passport
Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates
Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries

Latest from press is about the e-VISA thingy
List of visa required nationals eligible to use e-Visa

(1) Commonwealth of Independent States+ (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan)

(2) India*

(3) Myanmar*

(4) People’s Republic of China+ (PRC)

(5) Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity

(6) Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit

*Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements.

+Holders of Diplomatic, Official, Service and Public Affairs passports are exempted from visa requirements for a stay of up to 30 days.

(This information is correct as of 25 August 2008)

I am thinking that in Sep there is F1 in Sillypore (aka Beijing Olympic). Govt only want to control those VN gals from coming in during this mth. Hope in Oct, ICA will let more VN gal come.

My bro just came back from vn. According to him, the immigartion officer called all the vn gals who got an airticket duration of 1 mth into the office. All kana send back.

VISA should be just a rumour...

bro Singviet, KangTuo and all bros,

many thanks for sharing this info with a noob.

My only way to be cock sure is that I pass her our ROM registration application so she can show to Customs for entry at airport. Chances may be better I suppose. I am going to VN next week to ask her hand fro marriage from her parents.
Until ICA annouce, I will take the VISA rumours as such.

jackbl
05-09-2008, 12:39 AM
U got so many gf, where got need me to distribute to u? If ur gf really make effort to send u that means u are important to her..... :D

Now my gal asking me which one is delicious she will send me again, hihi. 1 cost about 40-46,000 dong depends on the variety.

Tony Stark
05-09-2008, 02:30 AM

To them every guy also their ong xa. :p

"Em nho ong xa nhieu nhieu." mass sms x 50 different guys. :D

If I'm the ICA officer I also don't believe.

maxrex
08-09-2008, 10:55 AM
All bros,

Please stop worrying about visa. Visa is not needed at all for Vietnamese nationals. My ICA officer friend has confirmed with me on this. Case closed.

ekemono
08-09-2008, 03:58 PM
All bros,

Please stop worrying about visa. Visa is not needed at all for Vietnamese nationals. My ICA officer friend has confirmed with me on this. Case closed.

noted and thanks bro maxrex

waaasooo
08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Bro,

Just to add up the info here.
People from ASEAN countries doesn't need VISA if they stay less than 1 month.
So your gf may need to book the ticket back before that 1 month ends and show it to the immigration bros.

69ASIMO69
12-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Its confirm that no VISA is needed for gals from Vietnam to enter Singapore without any official VISA but the facts is recently alot of Vietnamese gals got send back from Changi Airport especially the BUDGET TERMINAL...... Unless you willing to travel to Vietnam and travel back together with your Vietnam GF then definately no problem in coming in as they will write your IC no beside the Singapore chop on your GF passport..... If you find travelling to Vietnam and back to Singapore is a great hassle to you. Get your GF a Singapore Airline Ticket, Changes of coming in is as good as 99.9%

ShittyAss
15-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Its confirm that no VISA is needed for gals from Vietnam to enter Singapore without any official VISA but the facts is recently alot of Vietnamese gals got send back from Changi Airport especially the BUDGET TERMINAL...... Unless you willing to travel to Vietnam and travel back together with your Vietnam GF then definately no problem in coming in as they will write your IC no beside the Singapore chop on your GF passport..... If you find travelling to Vietnam and back to Singapore is a great hassle to you. Get your GF a Singapore Airline Ticket, Changes of coming in is as good as 99.9%

Good info..wil ups u soon....Well...no VISA doesnt guarantee entry at our airport...:o