View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all
Re: Circumcision: my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknite View Post
Hi Dr Tan

i used to suffer from very very bad phimosis without realising it. I only realised it after my days in poly, which then i started to do my own stretching exercise (the amount of pain, tears, blood and almost paraphimosis is so scary), but i ultimately managed to pull back my foreskin.

however i noted that my foreskin would form a ring around the head, and it is tight, preventing much "expansion".. i also noted that i have a very short frenulum, which is also quite a issue.

I do know that i had phimosis, but if i go to a doctor now, would i be able to claim from my insurer since i "theoretically" can pull back the fore skin?

also should i go for circumcision?
Hi. Technically you still have phimosis even though you can now expose the head. The tight ring and short frenulum could both negatively affect your erections. Also, this actually puts you at higher risk of paraphimosis. And you are right, this is quite scary. In fact, it is a medical emergency.

I have done many circumcisions covered by insurance. They honestly do not care if you are able to pull your skin back or not. They just need your Doctor to certify that it is medically necessary.

Yes. You should absolutely go for a circumcision. It will solve all your problems. As you can see from the experience of many here, the circumcision process is not as scary as you think it is.