View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 12:20 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 9
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Dirvorce proceedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorpixie View Post
Thank you all for the kind advises .
It is a hdb turned private property.
I will not want the matrimonial home to be sold. Because i want my daughter to live in the house she grows up in.
Therfore if he continues to stau with my daughter in that house and we are divorced
What is the next step when we sign the papers?
Lets say im not asking for any maintenance or alimony.
All i want is a peaceful divorce ending. I dont wish to create any scene as i dont wish ajy of our fault to affect my daughter's life in any way.
I just want to get a flat of my own.
So do i need to fork out the cpf in cash after i sign the papers?
Please note that i am penniless and no more cpf as all wiped out for first home.
I am doing freelance work now and everything is used to pay for rent and family expenses.
Am i able to immediately get a hdb flat after signing papers? Without forking any money with hdb loan?
Thank you everyone.
If you're looking for divorce
If your matrimonial home is a private property
And you're not looking to sell the matrimonial home after divorce (do you mean your ex spouse will buy your share of the home? or just you keep your share but both agree not to sell the home?)
Yes its possible.

But if you dont sell the matrimonial home, i dont know how are you going to purchase a flat for yourself without $$$$$$$.
Freelance job. Extremely hard to get property loans. Loan applications are based on your fixed salary for full time employment usually. Freelancing dont earn fixed salary.
Which is why i recommended you to get a full time job, at least for now, especially so when your freelancing income cant even cover your expenses.
Get a full time job, work for half a year. take the payslips and apply for a property loan. Whether you decide to keep that job after that, is your own problem as long as you can service the mortgage every month.

Have to be realistic here. Penniless + no more CPF balances = how are you going to buy a flat? Even if you can get a loan, you'll still need money / CPF to pay the min downpayment of 20% purchase price.
be prepared to have a change of lifestyle. Not realistic to get everything you want even without money to pay for it.