View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2995 / Power: 18
tomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toffee Chatroom - Everton FC

Kightly rules out Premiership move

Weekend reports suggested the former Grays player could move to the Premiership - but Kightly is hoping to sign another contract at Molineux this summer.

He told the Express & Star: "I'm not looking to sign for Aston Villa or Everton - I feel I owe the supporters and the manager at Wolves a big debt for the chance they gave me.

"Speculation is just part and parcel of football, but there is nothing in this.

"I've said on numerous occasions I want to sign a new contract and I can't see any reason why it won't happen in the next few weeks.

"Jez Moxey (Wolves chief executive) spoke to my agent this morning and I'll be happy to sign - my aim is to be in the Premiership with Wolves.

"We've not spoken about the length of the contract yet, but I'm keen to sign - whether it is four years or an even longer deal."

Mick McCarthy led Wolves to the Championship play-offs this season - but local rivals West Brom ended their hopes of a move up to the top flight of English football.

But Kightley added: "Hopefully signing the deal will show I'm committed to the club and want to play a big part next season - and put an end to the speculation.

"We have a talented squad and the players that we're looking to bring in will hopefully give us a really good chance next season."

Kightly will return to Wolves' Compton Park training ground on Tuesday for treatment on a knee injury which caused him problems at the end of the season.